Angry I Am Being Wrongfully Accused of Larceny

My question involves criminal law for the state of: michigan or anywhere

I live with my fiance in a rented home. one day some people she has met before brought a 8 foot aluminum boat over in a pickup truck. They told her they had gotten it from a friend and was wondering if they could cut it up in our driveway. (absent mindedly) she told them yes. i went outside to smoke a cig and see what was happening. a neighbor lady shows up saying that her boat was stolen like a week ago or something and stated that was it. the guy cutting the boat up told her that he had just gotten it from his friend that day. i had no evidence to say whos boat it was, or to tell the man to give it back. anyway i allowed the woman to take a few pictures and she left. they finished with the boat put it in thier truck and left.

the very next day after work the police of course show up. me and my fiance told them everything that had happened. We honestly had no contact information for the two who brought the boat to our house, other than names and a possible place of employment. the police were very rude ( of course) and left.

Now three months later after not hearing from the two people or the police, a detective calls me saying that a warrant has been issued for my arrest for Larceny......becouse im on probation i had no choice but to turn myself in and my arraignment is next week. WTF i have no money for a lawyer, i have shit to do with this, and if im somehow found guilty of something i didnt do i will be given a probati0on violation as well.

does anybody know what might happen, or what i need to do???????????????

Default Re: I Am Being Wrongfully Accused of Larceny

Quote Quoting FailedSystem
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: michigan or anywhere

I live with my fiance in a rented home. one day some people she has met before brought a 8 foot aluminum boat over in a pickup truck. They told her they had gotten it from a friend and was wondering if they could cut it up in our driveway. (absent mindedly) she told them yes. i went outside to smoke a cig and see what was happening. a neighbor lady shows up saying that her boat was stolen like a week ago or something and stated that was it. the guy cutting the boat up told her that he had just gotten it from his friend that day. i had no evidence to say whos boat it was, or to tell the man to give it back. anyway i allowed the woman to take a few pictures and she left. they finished with the boat put it in thier truck and left.

the very next day after work the police of course show up. me and my fiance told them everything that had happened. We honestly had no contact information for the two who brought the boat to our house, other than names and a possible place of employment. the police were very rude ( of course) and left.

Now three months later after not hearing from the two people or the police, a detective calls me saying that a warrant has been issued for my arrest for Larceny......becouse im on probation i had no choice but to turn myself in and my arraignment is next week. WTF i have no money for a lawyer, i have shit to do with this, and if im somehow found guilty of something i didnt do i will be given a probati0on violation as well.

does anybody know what might happen, or what i need to do???????????????
    Don't speak to anyone about this without an attorney present.

I don't believe that you allowed "friends" cut up a boat. "Friends" you barely know.

if i knew where they were or how to find them, i would turn them in or ask them to come forward and take responsibility for the mess they put me in. ive only met them two times prior to this, they are people my fiance knows ( like i said not well enough to find them). and when the lady came over i was just standing there watching. she even told the police that it wasn't me doing anything to the boat, i never even touched the damn thing, nor did i have any idea that it might have been stolen property or i would have told them to get lost. I also want to know what evidence there is that it was even her boat, and not a huge coincidence.

You will want a Criminal Defense Lawyer.

It's like this:
    - The boat was not only on your property, but being dismantled on your property.

Because of that, a prosecutor is going to see you as having possession of stolen property, and being an accomplice to the theft.

Quote Quoting PandorasBox
    View Post
    You will want a Criminal Defense Lawyer.

It's like this:
    - The boat was not only on your property, but being dismantled on your property.

Because of that, a prosecutor is going to see you as having possession of stolen property, and being an accomplice to the theft.

i did get a lawyer for a grand, and he is going to get this dismissed. there is no evidence that i stole the boat, there is no evidence that wil hold in court that its even her boat, and the lady admitted to the police that i was Not in possesion of it at anytime, nor did we know it may have been stolen when brought to our property.

so if anyone else is in a situation like this get a lawyer and never trust that this justice system is balanced or will ultimately do what is right!

1. Sponsored Links