Default Attorney Wants to Conceal New Accident From Defendant's Insurance Company

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Alabama

I was involved in an auto accident (not my fault other party was issued citation) in December of 2008. In March of 2009 I was involved in another accident (also not my fault other party was issued citation) both were rear end accidents and I have received medical care for each accident and my doctor has documented each accident in my medical records. My injuries have been apportioned by my doctor. My attorney has not informed Insurance Company A (from first accident) about accident number two. Insurance company B (second accident) has been notified about accident one. My attorney sent Insurance Company A medical records to verify my injuries I sustained in the first accident, but he has taken out any mention of the second accident that the doctor has documented about the injuries I received in the second accident. My attorney has said he is no longer going to try and file a claim against Insurance company B and said he is going to blame all injuries on Insurance company A. I do not agree with this at all. He said he doesn't want to take anything to court and wants me to sign a settlement letter with Insurance company A even though they have no idea that I was in another accident that caused injuries. My attorney is angry that I will not sign a settlement letter. This seems very unethical. What can I do? Thanks.

Default Re: Attorney Wants to Conceal New Accident From Defendant's Insurance Company

I can pretty much guarantee that nobody here is going to tell you to try to scam the insurance company, and if somebody does I can pretty much guarantee that it won't be somebody you should listen to.

Default Re: Attorney Wants to Conceal New Accident From Defendant's Insurance Company

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    I can pretty much guarantee that nobody here is going to tell you to try to scam the insurance company, and if somebody does I can pretty much guarantee that it won't be somebody you should listen to.
    It's things like this that scare me... but don't insurance companies maintain a database that they share? I hope they do and I hope this scumbag of a lawyer gets his just desserts if / when Insurance 'A' figures out what he's trying to do.

It seems that this attorney just want some quick and easy money from your compensation... How did you pick this attorney? I hope there is a rating site to rate or comment any attorney. Like the Amazon, buyers always leave feed back on the merchandise. It can help everyone to choose the right and better product or attorney.

Quote Quoting okokok
    View Post
    It seems that this attorney just want some quick and easy money from your compensation... How did you pick this attorney? I hope there is a rating site to rate or comment any attorney. Like the Amazon, buyers always leave feed back on the merchandise. It can help everyone to choose the right and better product or attorney.
    My doctor recommended him. He's in the process of getting disbarred right now, so hopefully he will get what he deserves.

Quote Quoting Anguish
    View Post
    It's things like this that scare me... but don't insurance companies maintain a database that they share? I hope they do and I hope this scumbag of a lawyer gets his just desserts if / when Insurance 'A' figures out what he's trying to do.
    The insurance companies do have a database they share. I can't recall what it's called at the moment. He's a big scumbag. He's has no clue what he's doing. He's been sued by several former clients and hopefully the state bar will finally put this guy out of business.

1. Sponsored Links