Default 3 Day Notice "Nailed" but Not "Mailed"

My question involves an eviction in the state of: California.. The law states that 3 day notice to pay or quit must be both posted and mailed and that the three days begin the day after the notice was mailed. The landlord never mailed a copy. Is it possible that since it wasn't mailed (as required to be sufficient service) The three day period hasn't begun yet and i can pay the rent that was due? and remain a tenant?

Default Re: 3 Day Notice "Nailed" but Not "Mailed"

You say "The landlord never mailed a copy" because none was received, or because you're the landlord and you know you didn't send a copy? If it's the former, check the court file as it may reflect that a copy was mailed.

Default Re: 3 Day Notice "Nailed" but Not "Mailed"

I am the tenant (12 years+). The property managers are notorious for their lack of follow through. There is a Declaration of Service signed UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY, however I have not received it and the mail person doesn't recall seeing anything either. Do they have to prove they mailed it?

1. Sponsored Links