Default Office Environment Has Become Unbearable

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: NY

I have been employed with my company for about 15 years now. It's a very small company with three aging partners that have been together for over 40 years . Even though I "own" the job I do for these guys, I've always been considered the step child.

Over the past year the company has severely gone downhill due to the poor economy. The partners have started to point fingers at each other and at their employees. They have even taken up alliances with certain employees to strengthen their positions.

Their bickering and the office environment has become unbearable. Not just for me, but the entire support staff. I find it very difficult to perform my duties very effectively with all of the unreasonable micromanaging from each of the partners. I'm afraid that eventually they will point their finger at me and find cause to fire me. I already feel that the ball has started rolling in that direction.

I am thinking of quitting. My question is: Is there any way that I will be able to file for unemployment benefits?

Also, should I wait out the inevitable in hopes of possibly getting a severance package? I've been here for 15 long years after-all!

Thanks for the help!

Default Re: Office Environment Has Become Unbearable

Anybody can file. However, there is very little chance that you would qualify for benefits if you quit. An uncomfortable working environment is not generally enough to be a qualifying reason to quit and get UI benefits.

1. Sponsored Links