Default Problems Returning to Work After Pregnancy

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: California

Before I returned to work after being off from being pregnant. I called to get my schedule. I was told I had a new shift and position. I wasn't happy. I called the labor board to see if it was legal. I was told it wasn't. I called my work back and informed them what I was told. They disagreed. This went on for a week or so. Finally, a supervisor called the main office. They said I was right and labor board was right. I was given back my same shift and position.

I showed up to work and was told they weren't happy I called the labor board, and that was about it. They took someone off my shift and position and told her if she had a problem it was my fault! After that, I thought it was over.

Since then, the person who makes the schedule (who said I had to get new hours and position) has tried to get me into trouble. She has even sent other text messeges about me saying I am a bad "person" (she used my position). I went to the admin and explained this was wrong. They asked to see fwd of her text (someone sent it to me) that was sent to me. I showed it. The were very alarmed. Said it would be taken car of right way.

After that, my supervisor who does the schedule saw I was a few minutes late and went to admin to write me up. Not a veribal warning after 3 yrs there of never being in trouble. I asked why? She said my supervisor has it out for me and she knows it. So admin wrote me up. I asked what was going to be done? Admin said she was writing a few others up too to make it not look like it wasn't an attack towards me! Get that. This was a few weeks ago, I have noticed people who have came in 30min+ late and no write ups. One being my supervisors daughter who comes in late. I can actually see where the "scheduler" fixes her "punch times" to so she isn't late.

We aren't min wage employees here, we are licensed through the state. Something has to be wrong with this.

Not sure if this is retaliation for pregancy leave and me calling the labor board, or something new?

Do I have any legal ground to stand on?

Default Re: Problems Returning to Work After Pregnancy

So the person who made the schedule is upset, but still makes the schedule and you're still on it? And your employer has taken corrective action? What's the issue?

You got written up for being late? No other employees in your workplace get written up for being late? The fact that some people sometimes manage to get away with it doesn't mean it's a free-for-all. What are the details here?

Default Re: Problems Returning to Work After Pregnancy

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    So the person who made the schedule is upset, but still makes the schedule and you're still on it? And your employer has taken corrective action? What's the issue?

You got written up for being late? No other employees in your workplace get written up for being late? The fact that some people sometimes manage to get away with it doesn't mean it's a free-for-all. What are the details here?
    I was bored and just thought I would post to bug you

No
    Remember, posted above, she stated she knew it was retaliation. She (admin) said she would write others up that day and didn't. So, no one got away with anything while others don't as you stated.

Posted above. Ask a direct question regarding above and I will answer it if its not already posted.

I asked for help, not to be attacked for what I posted. As for the college class, those days are long gone. Your post wasn't to help more to attack. Next time, just click "next post". You will not look like the bad guy.

Good day Mr. Knowitall

1. Sponsored Links