Default Speeding Ticket in Bellevue

My question involves a speeding ticket from the State of: Washington

Hi all,

Got a speeding ticket in Bellevue that I need help with. Filed discovery and they returned the statement and trial date witin time. Looks like the city covered all there basis. Any help is appreciated.

On 08/14/2010 at about 2256 hours, I was monitoring traffic and located at/in 13100 block of NE 8th ST. I was using Kustom Pro-Laser Ill LIDAR unit, serial number PL20882This LIDAR unit is handheld and used in a stationary position and in a speed measurement mode.
    I observed the defendant vchicle westbound on NE 8th sT in the 13100 block in the city or
    Bellevue. The vehicle was moving towards my location. The vehicle appeared to be dtiving
    faster than the posted speed limit of 35 mph. I estimated its speed to be 47 mph. I then used
    LIDAR to confimm my estimate and obtained n reading of 48 mph at a distance of 227.8 feet.
    The LIDAR was operating property and it gave a clear and fast staccato tone indicating proper
    aiming of the unit. The LIDAR then gave a clear solid “target acquisition" tone. No low
    battery warning was heard and RH was not detected. Speed limit signs were located in the
    13900 block and 13100 block of NE 8 ST.
    I verifed the LlDAR was operating properly berore and after the stop at the begining and
    end of my shift that day by conducting an intennal light check, intemnal circuitry check, delta distance check, and a sight alignment test. I conducted the delta distance check and sight alignment test on an established and calibrated range testing area at the Bellevue Police Department at a distance of 116 feet and 229 feet previously measured by me, and found the LIDAR unit to be accurate to within plus or minus 6 inches at both distances. I have been trained and certified in the operation of the LIDAR used and have 5 years or experience with speed measuring devices.

Defendant was identified by a: (X) Photo Driver's License, which matched the defendant.
    I served a copy of the citation on the derendant.
    I certify or dcclarc under penalty of perjury under the laws of the Statc of washington that the
    foregoing is true and correct.
    Then the officer dated and signed it.

Default Re: Speeding Ticket in Bellevue

Bellevue Police Department at a distance of 116 feet and 229 feet previously measured by me

He calibrated the distance range? He does not say he is qualified to do this....you could go over and take a look at the range & see if he's wrong. And his english is very very poor. Also, he never stated that the unit was calibrated, only checked. Also, never says he is trained in visual est. of speed. Also there are no such words as "intemnal", "intennal", "begining", "dcclarc", "berore", etc... it seems like the person who wrote this never went to high school. I would press this point - it shows that the cop is a moron. And what is "RH"?? He listed the serial # as "PL20882This" - I don't think this serial number exists. He is so sloppy that I would not argue that its because he is a moron but you take what he has written as literal and correct; which makes most of his statement junk...the judge may agree. The lack of testimony of the unit being calibrated, of the distance test range being properly calibrated, of his untrained visual speed est., and his usage of words not in the english language may get you off.

Default Re: Speeding Ticket in Bellevue

It exponentially decreases your chances of winning if you don't post these three items:
    • The Statement
    • The SMD Certification
    • The NOI as filed with the court

Consider scanning them. It is also of great importance for you to share what court.

1. Sponsored Links