Default Taking a Driving Test After Getting Ticketed for Driving Without a License

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: California

i was pulled over on august 27th. the cop gave me a ticket for being unlicensed and failure to provide insurance(neither box checked but he said it was correctable). the problem is that i had a driving test date set up for sept 3 but when i went they had to reschedule my appointment to oct 12. my court date is set for oct. 26 my question is if i can still take my test. i've read and searched on the net for this type of situation and most of them say that if you get your license before your court date the ticket and fine will be waived. but im just checking to be sure or if this will prevent me from taking the test. any help please??

Default Re: Taking a Driving Test After Getting Ticketed for Driving Without a License

I expect that you'll be able to take your driver's test. I make no promise that you'll be able to get your ticket dismissed, or be able to avoid the consequences of driving without a license. The stuff you've read likely relates to people who inadvertently failed to renew, not to people who knowingly broke the law.

Default Re: Taking a Driving Test After Getting Ticketed for Driving Without a License

Thanks for the response, I'm confident I'll pass if I take it. I've read a thread with the same story as mine somewhere on this website but I can't seem to find it now. Honestly this is not how i expected to have my first run in with the law. Thanks again.

1. Sponsored Links