Question Custody Issues From Moving for Military Service

My question involves guardianship in the State of: oregon

So I plan on moving to the east coast to live with my family and possibly join the military. My ex-boyfriend and I both have full custody of our daughter. My question is when i move can i give full custody to my ex-boyfriend and grant legal guardianship to his mom (grandmother)? If yes, when i get done with my basic training if i do get into the service, can i come back and terminate the grandmothers right as a legal guardian and gain back custody of my daughter as a mother? I was thinking of appointing her as her temporary legal guardian because right now i am struggling financially and i cant pay for my daughters medical expenses. I am leaving her here because she's is still a month old and if she comes with me, well, financially i wont be able to support her. I was thinking that she needs to stay with her dad and his parents..at least they'll be able to help him help her. Then when i get back on my feet financially then i can come back for her. Of course, the dad won't want me to leave the state with our daughte and that is not my intention. I just want to know that if i give his mom temporary legal guadianship can i get back my rights as her mom when i do get back on my feet? and can her dad give his mom legal guardianship of my daughter without my approval while im away? im just worried that i might lose her if i go this route. please help thank you!

Default Re: Moving

If you're thinking about anything other than Reserves or NG, you must relinquish custody to your ex-boyfriend. It is not meant to be a temporary change, either.

great information here

Thank you..that was very helpful. I am thinking of my daughters best interest at heart. As a mother it breaks my heart to have to give her up to her father but hopefully someday when i get back, he will be able to let me see my child. I have to do what is best for me and get my life together in order to help my daughter.

You will absolutely be able to get visitation (at the very least) once you get back Please try not to let that worry you.

Good luck - and thank you for both your intended service, and for putting your little girl first.

1. Sponsored Links