Threaded View

Question Conflict Between Co-Owners Over a Property

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some information . My Grandmother left me a small portion of her property in Colorado. I co-own the land with my Aunt who lives in Texas. My Grandfather who passed away in 1977 still has his name on the deed for the property. He has left no will and my Grandmother never had this fixed. He was not my Father's real father and he never adopted my father. When my father was 18 he had is last name changed to my Grandfather's. Half of the house on one section of property is on the neighbor's land. I am living on the one section of land right now and am being told by my Aunt that I have to move until the legal issues are fixed. The County is involved now because we still have to take care of a well and septic system for the land. My Aunt was listed on the deed as the one responsible for the taxes I would like to be on this also but do not know what to do about it. The land was left with decades of stuff littering the property. For the past three years, I have been the one who has been taking care of this issue so that the other neighbors to not complain. I moved back to the property to live so that I could take care of these legal issues, as well as the well and septic system issues. Can my Aunt make me move? The neighbors are ok with me living in the part of the house that is on their property. I am also begining the steps to resovle the well and septic systems issues. My Aunt does own a larger portion of the parcells that our names are on. Any advice as to what I should do and how I should handle this would be greatly appreciated. I am looking into hiring a local attorney to help me with these issues. I am concerned that my Aunt will try to take my share away from me some how.

1. Sponsored Links