Default Order of Protection

My question involves child abuse or neglect in the State of: Help Get my Family

I am an Iraqi Muslim Green card holder came to America 10 months ago after I have got threats from the terrorists and burn my house there ,came here trying to build a better and safer future for my three kids and wife ( my kids ages are 5 , 3 , 1, two girls and one son).
    on august 16, 2010, the devil has entered our house when I had an argument with my wife and hit her, than she went to sleep after she cried most of the night and me too, because I love her and I know she loves me too, but you know sometimes the person cannot control himself and say whatever it comes to his mind.
    next morning ,I really surprised When I saw two police men and the DCS Case Worker and their Interpreter (that because we speak (Arabic language) , they tried to enter my house after they told me that they got a phone call says that I (the father) abused my kids, I laughed at what they said and let them enter the house so they can check on my kids, and they found a little scratch on my one year old son ,and after they asked me how did he get that , I told them itís happened when he was crawling in the house most of the day and play with his (two sisters ) and that is how did he get that small scratch.
    Right away the DCS case worker pulled a yellow paper called (Immediate Protection Agreement) and she wrote on it (Physically abused Muntadher the little son) also she wrote (Father will have no contact with all the three kids (Meena, Zahraa and Muntadher), than they took me to jail after they told me that I also hit my wife after they found some scratches on her arm.
    They took me to the jail immediately and they took my wife and all the three kids to the DCS.
    As I said we speak Arabic language, so they told my wife when she went with them that( Do you need a protection to your kids? and normally my wife said :Yes, they told her:Ok ,sign in her and she signed without any acknowledgement from her about what is that paper says except ( a protection to the kids), I mean they did not explain to her that the paper she signed named (Order of Protection) and they did not tell her what is the side effect of that paper to the kids and their father and to her also,anyways she signed the paper and now its activated.
    They put me in jail, for a domestic violence and child abuse, but in the court day, my wife said that I never hit her or the kids, so the charges were dismissed without even taking any kind of classes like (Anger Management Classes), because the judge saw how much we love each other and that thing happens in our society a lot besides that we are a new family in this Country.
    On the 30th of August,2010 ,I attend the court , but the DCS did not show up for some reason nobody told me what was it ,thatís why the judge said : The trial is delayed till the 13th ,September 2010.
    On 13th, September 2010, I attend the court and the DCS brought my wife but they did not bring their interpreter while they know that we donít speak English, they may mean it so they can let the judge delay the court again, and that is exactly whatís happened, the Judge said (it will be continue on the 27th September 2010.
    My question is: I am afraid of ,that my wife does not speak English at all ,she is not familiar with the life and the rules of life of America ,because we just entered the state like 9 months ago, so there was not enough time for her to learn about the life and rules, because its way different than Iraq, I am afraid if they will tell her to say something against me and we will end up with taking our kids by the DCS and we will go back home with no kids, I am staying at home all the time since the 23rd of August till this moment ,crying and praying to God so he can show me his mercy in this time that me and my family need, I donít have any idea about where to go and what to say and to whom I need to talk about the situation of my wife and kids ,we need each other and I love them very much as well as they do, now I am so confused ,because itís over a month now since I never seen or hear anything about my family. And that is why I decided to search the internet so I can see if I can do anything about this situation, that I donít know if they are giving them pork meat ( (لاسامح الله . I live now in the house and they are held by the DCS ,but I wish if they can let them comeback home and live in the house and I will leave all the state and go to live in another state if that is what they want, at least I will make sure that they live in an Islamic conditions ,that because there are some Iraqi families also live in where we live and they promised they will take care of my wife and kids and take my daughter to the school or teach my wife how to go shopping from the Iraqi Muslim stores next to our house.
    So would you mind, please to provide me with any help that you can give? I really need my family to grow up as a Muslim family, not having another religion, I wish if they can let them go to any Muslim Family not a Christian, because they will lose their religion and God and thatís is not what I came for in this country, most of the times I feel depressed because I see that I cannot do or say anything.
    I will be really appreciated for you for your time reading my case even if you did not find any help that you think it may help me.

Default Re: Order of Protection

I'm a little confused.

The charges were dismissed?

Then why are you still going to trial?

Please explain.

my wife denied that i hit her and the kids , also i denied that i hit her and never said i am guilty and thats why the charges were dropped by the judg. and the trial i have is for the Order of Protection and DCS ... like i said , my wife signed a paper she never know anything about it at all,that what caused all the problems followed

This is why you need to do whatever you can to get an attorney.

Try Legal Aid.

Which state are you in?

1. Sponsored Links