Question My sister is involved in marriage fraud - he's not telling her the whole truth

My sister is about to marry a man who has a temporary visa so he can gain permanemt citizenship. She told me she only had to be married to him for two years and then she could divorce him and collect her money.

Two years and he has citizenship? Doesn't sound right to me.

I begged her not to do this but it seems there is nothing I can do. So I atleast want her to know the facts.

If she gets married and stays for two years, will he have citizenship and can she then get a divorce?

What is the worst thing that could happen to her as far as the government finding out?

If she divorces him before two years what happens to him?

Please help

Default Re: My sister is involved in marriage fraud - he's not telling her the whole truth

They're referring to a two-year conditional green card, with the conditions removed at the end of the two years. Presumably they intend to divorce once the conditions hvae been removed. If they divorce before that time, the conditions won't be removed and the "husband" may lose his status. The worst thing that could happen is a criminal prosecution; far more likely is that the marriage would be held invalid and the spouse's fraud would serve as a basis for possible deportation and a period of exclusion from the U.S.

1. Sponsored Links