Default Denial of Federal ED Extension

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: California
    I was told I will be denied FED ED because of the New UI Claim EDD made me file back in April. It was for 2.5 weeks of work. When it ran out they returned me to my 4th tier extension.
    Has anyone won their appeal for denial of fed ed and received checks. I remember Jimmy N filed his appeal for the same reason and won. Did he ever receive his benefits(does anyone know)?
    Can EDD do this when the eligibility states you must be unable to file a regular claim. I can't file a regular claim because I have not worked. The job I worked in November 09 was a temp job that lasted 2.5 weeks.
    Can anyone answer my question.

Default Re: Denial of Federal ED Extension

You can try contacting other members by private message or email to learn their experiences. Unfortunately, most don't come back to tell us what happened.

I too have gone through the "denial dance" with CA EDD. The first time I exhausted my 3rd extension, a note was on my check that said "you are eligible for another extension. You do not have to contact EDD, it will be automatically filed for you....." I then received a notice saying I was not eligible because I didn't have 40 weeks of something or other. All this happened 10/09. I filed an appeal. On the date of my hearing 12/22/09, I received my claim forms and received all my back UI checks.

This happened after my 4th extension was exhausted. I went through the same thing. I kept emailing EDD and I got answers like "you seem like, and it appears you are eligible, you are placed on the FEDED list, bs., the I waited and sent another email, which they replied we have placed you a second time on the FED ED list. If you don't hear from us in 10 days, contact again." When I contacted them again I was told I was ineligible. Never got a disqualifying letter. So I sent EDD another appeal. I feel like they are trying everything they can to not pay your benefits. I replied that I have to obey State laws or there will be consequences. What if I was charged with perjury could I say it was some kind of administrative mistake?

I am pretty sure I will win, but it takes a long time. I have read on the internet a few times that they who appeal win. Hope this helps.

Quote Quoting Outhere
    View Post
    I too have gone through the "denial dance" with CA EDD. The first time I exhausted my 3rd extension, a note was on my check that said "you are eligible for another extension. You do not have to contact EDD, it will be automatically filed for you....." I then received a notice saying I was not eligible because I didn't have 40 weeks of something or other. All this happened 10/09. I filed an appeal. On the date of my hearing 12/22/09, I received my claim forms and received all my back UI checks.

This happened after my 4th extension was exhausted. I went through the same thing. I kept emailing EDD and I got answers like "you seem like, and it appears you are eligible, you are placed on the FEDED list, bs., the I waited and sent another email, which they replied we have placed you a second time on the FED ED list. If you don't hear from us in 10 days, contact again." When I contacted them again I was told I was ineligible. Never got a disqualifying letter. So I sent EDD another appeal. I feel like they are trying everything they can to not pay your benefits. I replied that I have to obey State laws or there will be consequences. What if I was charged with perjury could I say it was some kind of administrative mistake?

I am pretty sure I will win, but it takes a long time. I have read on the internet a few times that they who appeal win. Hope this helps.
    Thank you so much! I'm mailing my appeal tonight! I received the same notice attached to my last 4th extension check. Today I receive a denial letter. I hope you and I both win!!

1. Sponsored Links