Default Ex-Husband Won't Comply with Medical Treatment

My two children ages 5 and 10 are supposed to go to their dad's this summer for the first time. I live in Wyoming. He lives in South Dakota. My son has Sensory Integration Disorder, is developmentally delayed and is on medication for ADD. My ex says he refuses to give the medication to him this summer. He disagrees with the many doctors I have taken my son to--although he has never been present, talked to them or read any of the information I've asked him to read on the topics. He is behind on child support, has not paid any of his portion of medical bills and has his driver's license restricted because of it. Is there anything I can do to keep my kids with me this summer if he won't comply. Also, what if he "says" he'll comply but really doesn't and my son doesn't get his meds.

Default Re: Ex-Husband Won't Comply with Medical Treatment

Quote Quoting Pennijo
    Is there anything I can do to keep my kids with me this summer if he won't comply.
    You may seek a court order compelling compliance.

Quote Quoting Pennijo
    Also, what if he "says" he'll comply but really doesn't and my son doesn't get his meds.
    If you obtain a court order compelling the treatment, you may seek appropriate relief from the court, possibly including contempt proceedings, or restrictions on future visits.

If I may reply to your message, thank you for letting me... I have a 12 yr old daughter who is on meds for ADHD... I had a problem getting my ex husband to let her take her meds while she was visiting with him.... I am sorry to say you are going through the same thing I went through. The only thing that stopped the problem was CYS needed to get involved, because it was harming my daughter . He used to have overnight and weekend visits with my 2 kids, but,w hen he refused to give my oldest one her meds, that stopped, and they took most of the visitation rights away, and onlylimited him to daytime hour visits, and during the hours where I could make sure she had her meds BEFORE she went to see her dad, and he would not be giving them to her. I wish you the best in finding out what you are able to do.

1. Sponsored Links