Default Getting Vehicle Plates After Filing Bankruptcy

can i file chapter 13 even though i have not paid for my license plates for a car i just purchased( the car lot i bought the car from does not pay for the tags, they make the customer pay for the tags) if i file, how can i obtain the tags?

Default Re: Getting Vehicle Plates After Filing Bankruptcy

can anyone help me with this problem?

not sure what the question is. If you haven't filed for BK, go to the DMV and register the car. If you have filed and the trustee has taken control of your case, then ask the trustee.

the car is already been registered with the dmv, but when the tags come in, i have to pay the dealer c.o.d( they don't pay for the tags) so my concern is, if i file before they come in, he may not want to give them to me cause i filed bk on him and i have no funds to pay for the tags---so how can i get them if i file?

If you want the tags, pay for the tags. Filing bankruptcy doesn't allow you to avoid paying the cost of registering your vehicle.

If you're stating that the dealership is going to collect payment at the time you come in, and remit that payment to the state to validate the plate, the state won't receive the required payment unless you make it.

If you're stating that the dealership is paying the registration and you are to reimburse the amount paid by the dealership at the time you try to pick up the plate, the bankruptcy would temporarily stay their ability to take collection action, and it might eventually result in discharge of your obligation to the dealer, but it would not require that they give the plate to you withhout receiving reimbursement.

1. Sponsored Links