Default Charged With Lewd & Lascivious Conduct, Not Able to Prove Innocence

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Fl
    I was arrested w/ a L&L charge under 16 yoa. I was 19. I bonded out and was rearrested for sale & delivery 30 days later. This second charge was a
    set up to put me back in jail due to the first charge. I plead and AM not guilty of the 1st charge. MY PD put the 2 charges together. I requested a speedy trial and was told I could not get one. Due to circumstances I could not get bonded after that. No local family.

I sat in jail for 11 months waiting to go to a jury trial to proove I was innocent only to be told the PD was seperating the charges and I HAD to plead to the Sale charge and the L&L would come later. I was sentences to 2 yrs on the sale. I was sent to prison and kept being told I would go to court on the other charge but it kept being pushed back. I was never transported back. I received a piece of paper which said, The final statement says, can not prosecute because of witness is not available and victom left the state". Not dismissed, or closed. I have tried to get my file, the part I should be able to have and I have been denied access or they just wont send it.

I did 11 months ( or two yrs)in a prison for an act that started with an statement that was supposed to have been made by someone who was never even contacted in the "investigation".

I was never able to prove my innocence and I have no final judgement besides what it says above.
    Everything was lies lies lies. Is there anything I can do to get a final disposition to reflect it was dismissed or expunged.

I am legally disabled and I DID NOT DO IT and had witnesses on my side that wanted to testify including the people on the statement. It even said I had HIV which I do not.

Please help. I can do nothing with my life, no school, job-nothing.

I feel like my rights were violated, please advise.

Default Re: Charged With Lewd & Lascivious Conduct, Not Able to Prove Innocence

Your situation is WAY beyond what an online message board can address for you. You need a criminal defense attorney to read your case file, the court transcripts, and examine the evidence used in court to convict you, including the exact witness statements given on the stand (remember, in a criminal case, you don't have to prove your innocense, rather, the state must prove their case against you beyond a reasonable doubt to the satisfaction of a jury). The time to appeal that conviction is very narrow, so you need to be contacting an attorney quickly, as once your window for appeal closes, it's a done deal.

Default Re: Charged With Lewd & Lascivious Conduct, Not Able to Prove Innocence

Thank you for the reply

I was not found guilty, not exactly... of the L & L charge but it does not reflect my innocense or that the state had no case. It really says nothing. I am disabled and do not have the funds for a criminal attorney.
    I have tried to get the case file but they will not respond.

1. Sponsored Links