Default Speeding ticket in Michigan State with a Canadian license

I got a speeding ticket in Michigan, county of Macomb (85mph on a 70 highway) for 15mph over. The cop lowered it to 10mph. at the time i paid the bond amount of $100 to keep my license. cop said no points. I dont think i was asked to sign anything. I ignored the ticket when I came back to Canada hoping i could get away with it, a few weeks later i received a notice saying that the amount of my ticket is 100$, where I can choose to use my bond payment to pay for it, or I can set a court date. if i dont respond back in a week my $100 bond payment will be forfeited and my license will be suspended. Will they be able to suspend my Ontario license? If i do decide to pay for the ticket with the bond payment, will my insurance be affected? Will insurance find out? Or can i just ignore the notice and not take action, will that backfire? Lastly, should i fight the ticket, although i dont want to travel 4 hrs back to michigan. Please help as i am clueless and don't know what is the best solution. It is my first speeding ticket and i have had my license for almost 5 years. Pease advise. it is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Got speeding ticket in Michigan State with Canadian license

Ontario will add points from a Michigan ticket to a driver's record, and should be anticipated to do so according to its own point system. (Details here.) You would have to check with the Ontario Ministry of Transportation to see what they would do if Michigan reported a suspension for failure to resolve the ticket.

I would call the office of the city you received the ticket and find out the cost of ___________ (I forgot that word. It means you pay a fine, but nothing appears on your record. Everything is erased immediaetly.) The cost may be a little more than $100.00. But you will get no points. I would write to the court pleading guilty, but requesting the ____________. A lot of judges will let you pay _____________ since this is your first ticket. First call the court and ask them. Good luck.

I feel like we're playing Mad Libs.

Quote Quoting Guilty Or Not Guilty
    (I forgot that word. It means you pay a fine, but nothing appears on your record. Everything is erased immediaetly.)
    The word is "impeading"

Huh? "IMPEADING"? Do you mean "IMPEDING", as in "impeding the flow of traffic"? I cannot find "impeading" in an ordinary or legal dictionary.

1. Sponsored Links