Default Vehicle Has Never Been Repossessed.could I Get in Trouble

My question involves an auto loan or repossession in the State of: Texas

Ok, here's the story. I ran into lots of financial problems. I filed ch. 13 bankruptcy and my truck was included in the payments. I paid the payments on time for a few months, then was laid off from my job. I explained to my lawyer my problem...he suggested to go to a Ch 7 bankruptcy and start over. We went thru the process, and I showed up the 341 meeting. My lawyer took me aside and told me he just realized I wasn't eligible for a Ch 7 bankruptcy due to it only being 7 1/2 years since my last one. He advised me to keep making payments on the Ch 13 plan, but I told him I couldn't because I had gotten laid off and was pretty much losing everything. Long story short, I assumed the lienholder would be repossessing my truck at any time.

This was about two years ago. I've still got the truck. I live in Arkansas now with my parents. I haven't done anything to hide the truck, but I've also never renewed the registration. I drive it occasionally when I really need to. I've never been contacted by the lienholder by mail, I've never received any phone calls or messages pertaining to the repossession of the truck. I don't wanna keep it if it's gonna get me in trouble. I was actually pulled over by an officer a week ago and he wanted to know why I hadn't renewed the registration. I explained to him why and that I normally don't even drive it and he said the VIN wasn't coming up as a stolen vehicle. So what do I do? I seriously doubt this has all fallen thru the cracks but I think things got jumbled up with the lienholder when they were notified that the Ch 13 bankruptcy was being upgraded to a Ch 7 and then later got dismissed because I wasn't eligible.

Default Re: Vehicle Has Never Been Repossessed.could I Get in Trouble

When you contacted the lienholder, what were you told?

1. Sponsored Links