Default Snohomish County Traffic Court - How Do I Request a Later Court Date

Ive read blewis post on how to contest a ticket, particularly on Requesting discovery (Part III Contesting a Ticket)

Once you receive your notice, you are ready to submit a Discovery Request....

Discovery is governed by IRLJ 3.1 (b).
    Note that you must SERVE the request on the prosecutor and FILE a copy with the court. You must do this at least 14 days before your hearing.

My Court date is 8 days away and I've just filed for discovery. Is there a motion that your aware of that I can file to change my court date to a later date?

Default Re: Snohomish County Traffic Court - How Do I Request a Later Court Date

After some research on the Sno. Co. Website (http://www1.co.snohomish.wa.us/Depar...tm#court_dates) I found the answer to my question:

Court Dates & Continuances

To find out the date you are schedule to appear in District Court. Click on Find your court date.

If you have received a hearing notice and you are unable to appear for the hearing you must file a written request for a continuance. Requests must be filed at least 5 (five) days prior to the scheduled hearing.

The request must include the reason for the continuance and a waiver of your right to a speedy hearing. Only one timely continuance is granted unless it is a medical emergency. Your request will be reviewed by the court on or before the hearing date.

Hope that helps some one down the road.

1. Sponsored Links