Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Having a police department for the police department

Cops are just human beings. The are not perfect. They break the law themselves. I made several reports on A&B and a rich man threatening people with a hand gun. They always favor the rich man who use to be federal prison for his taxes and possible bribery. They do not arrest the suspect. Sometimes they give me false reports of what I described. I have been over their heads reporting the misconduct and neglect of duty by bringing it up in the City Council meeting, writing to the chief, State Attorney General, State police, FBI, ATF, Department of Justice, U.S Atorney Eastern District of Michigan, U.S. Customs, ACLU and the news media. The FBI tells me it must be a federal, not city crime.

Two months later the rich man shot a teenager in his parking lot. This would not of happened if the police listened to me.

The same police department gives me a hard time when they see me because I committed the ultimate sin.

It would be good if there was a consumer's police department in each county that would investgate each consumer's complaint about each city, county and state police officer/department.

Is this something the federal would ever recommend?

Default Re: Having a police department for the police department

Quote Quoting Guilty Or Not Guilty
    I made several reports on A&B and a rich man threatening people with a hand gun. They always favor the rich man who use to be federal prison for his taxes and possible bribery.
    We do? That's news to me.

You have to remember that the police are not there to act on what YOU want done, but to act as law and policy permits.

Two months later the rich man shot a teenager in his parking lot. This would not of happened if the police listened to me.
    The police cannot arrest someone just because another person says they are guilty.

Why did the police say they did not make the arrest?

The same police department gives me a hard time when they see me because I committed the ultimate sin.
    And what would this 'ultimate sin' be?

It would be good if there was a consumer's police department in each county that would investgate each consumer's complaint about each city, county and state police officer/department.
    Most agencies have a unit that does these investigations. And if you have been wronged, you can hire an attorney and sue.

Most perceived chronic problems are matters of policy and oversight which are political (local) issues. These can be addressed through the city council or other legislative body.

Is this something the federal would ever recommend?
    Regular Federal oversight of local law enforcement would be a really, really bad idea for a host of reasons.

- Carl

Police agencies generally have "internal affairs" divisions, and particularly egregious misconduct can be investigated by a State Attorney General's Office, or even the Justice Department.

cdwjava, I'm assuming you are one of the good guys. So I not referring to you, just the bad police officers.

Check this out:
    http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bi...ase&no=970060p
    One of the suspects are the millionaire I'm talking about. I had many complaints on him and his workers. I was a tenant leasing an office space in one of his buildings. It was well known how the police favors him. One day one of the cities police officers told me everything bounces off of him because he has a lot of money.

The only time the police got serious with me is when one of the millionaire's guards aimed a loaded cocked gun toward me. The police report mentions the guard told them his boss keeps the 2 guns in the security office. The second gun had both serial numbers shaved off. The were no registration for either gun. The police are favoring the millionaire by not charging him for having illegal guns in his building. I looked for an attorney to sue the millionaire for what his guard did to me. No one would make a case out of it because he did not shoot me.

I tried looking for an attorney to sue the police department for neglect of duty and misconduct. I heard I can't sue the police because they don't do their job.

Two years ago one of the millionaire's empoyees physically harmed him badly. About two weeks later the ex-employee was shot in front of his home of another city. The police report mentions before he died he told the police he thinks his boss hired someone to shoot him. There were not enough evidence to charge the millionaire.

December 2004, I wrote a letter to the chief of police explaining how the millionaire carries a gun and pulls it out during an arguement. I also mentioned how it is not fair how they favor him. I sent copies of the same letter to different agencies over the cities head. I have commited the ultimate sin (telling on a police officer/department). They would intiminate me.

February 2005, the millionaire shot a teenager in his parking lot. Last month the millionaire was found guilty of "procession of a firearm" and "assault with a firearm." I bet the police department would of sat on their buts if I did not write the previous letter in December.

I had multiple police reports against the millionare and his workers. The city attorney told me he only makes a case of the reports of what the police department recommends.

I spoke to the State police department to see if they would investigate my reports. They told me they can not unless they get permission from the Attorney General department. I wrote to the Attorney General. I received a letter from the criminal division telling me to go the County Procesecutor. I went to the County Procesecutor office. They tell me they don't work on that, telling me to go to the State police. Going in circles.

I had to go to two city council meetings to get permission to write up an officer for giving me a false report. It still got no where.

If you want to see some paper work, send me a PM.

Quote Quoting Guilty Or Not Guilty
    One of the suspects are the millionaire I'm talking about.
    This is one instance - it does not justify the broad-brush statement you previously made inferring that all such people are granted favors by the cops, prosecutors or courts ... and it does not seem to be proven that any intentional act happened here, either.

It was well known how the police favors him. One day one of the cities police officers told me everything bounces off of him because he has a lot of money.
    People with a lot of money have attorneys that can do many wondrous things. It's not that the officers don't WANT to do anything to him, it's that it is tougher to go after the wealthy because they have the means to make a fight of it - for right or wrong.

I have been threatened with lawsuits and all manner of counter actions for attempting to go after people of means. And they can tie up cases in court for years. I'm STILL going to court on a criminal case from 1998!

The were no registration for either gun. The police are favoring the millionaire by not charging him for having illegal guns in his building.
    And what was their stated reason for not charging him? Not all guns require registration, and depending on your state law simply having the gun on the premises may not be a crime.

There could be other reasons they couldn't do much with it, either. I can only guess, but there are a lot of reasons why they might not have been able to make such a charge stick against him - or anyone.

I looked for an attorney to sue the millionaire for what his guard did to me. No one would make a case out of it because he did not shoot me.
    It could be because the other side is arguing just cause for pointing it at you. If unprovoked, it could be brandishing a firearm or assault with a deadly weapon in my state ... however, if brandished in self defense, this will often be sufficient to mitigate or dismiss the crime.

And civil attorneys want to see damages ... you were not damaged. Now, if you come up with PTSD and can have doctors testify as to how your life or career have been changed by this, you may have a case.

I tried looking for an attorney to sue the police department for neglect of duty and misconduct. I heard I can't sue the police because they don't do their job.
    Correct. there is no duty to protect ... if they could get sued, no police department would be able to stay open.

Two years ago one of the millionaire's empoyees physically harmed him badly. About two weeks later the ex-employee was shot in front of his home of another city. The police report mentions before he died he told the police he thinks his boss hired someone to shoot him. There were not enough evidence to charge the millionaire.
    No evidence is still no evidence. Even if the police believe he's good for it, they can't make something out of nothing ... if they can't prove the case they have to wait. And it's likely that in your state there is no SOL on murder.

February 2005, the millionaire shot a teenager in his parking lot. Last month the millionaire was found guilty of "procession of a firearm" and "assault with a firearm." I bet the police department would of sat on their buts if I did not write the previous letter in December.
    I'm sure the witnesses to the shooting helped. Chances are they had almost forgotten about your letter from months earlier.

I had multiple police reports against the millionare and his workers. The city attorney told me he only makes a case of the reports of what the police department recommends.
    People report that others do all sorts of things ... this does not make a case tenable in court. Evidence makes a viable case - a stack of allegations does not.

They tell me they don't work on that, telling me to go to the State police. Going in circles.
    It's probably because your only telling them that the police aren't doing their jobs - something that is not their job to look in to, nor do they have the authority to compel the police to act in a manner that will make you happy. Action or inaction by the police is a local political matter. Now, if you had evidence of graft or corruption, these other agencies might be interested.

I had to go to two city council meetings to get permission to write up an officer for giving me a false report. It still got no where.
    What do you mean an officer gave you a false police report? Do you mean he wrote up a crime against you that you say you did not commit?

In any event, the city council likely doesn't have any direct say over these issues anyway.

- Carl

I will try to describe the last question. I use to lease an office in one of the millionaire's building as a tenant. One day I was walking in the hallway. One of the employees were walking toward me. He hit me on my arm with his fist as he past me. I turned around, he kept walking. I walked into a deli being leased by one of the tenants. The employee who hit me walked into the deli. Two tenants and I was teasing the employee. The tenant opened a can of ice tea and threw the ice tea in my face. I stepped back a few steps. He stepped toward me and threw it in my face again. I called the police immediately. About four officers arrived. One walked up to me in an angry manner and said, "Aren't you the guy who's been always calling us up here!?" I pointed out the employee who assaulted me and mentioned what he did. He lied and told the officer he does not speak good english. An officer walked in the deli and saw the wet floor. A different officer approached me saw I was wet and asked if I got a tape recorder on me. I told him no. He searched me anyway. None of the officers searched the suspect. All the officers left the building.

The next day I went to the police department to see the report. It was handwritten as a non-serious report in a false manner. It read: "Olivos and Craig, employees at 21000, got into a verbal argument, no assault. Verbal argument stemmed from Craig making fun of Olivos." First of all I'm am not an employee there. Second of all he used my middle name to describe me, "Craig." And the last thing is that is not what I described what happened. I made out a "Witness Statement" of what happened. I spoke to a sergeant and lieutenant. No one would have the report corrected. The record department told me reports are never changed.

I went to the city council meeting in early June. I told the mayor how I got a false report. He told me to see the city assistant manager about my complaint. After the meeting the city assistant manager told me to call him back in a few days because he will talk to the police department tomorrow. When I called him a few days later, he told me the police department told him they will change it next week. I went to go check the report again and it still was not corrected. The record department told me again they don't change reports.

I went to the second city council meeting that month. I mentioned what the assistant manager told me, and the report was not corrected. The mayor told me to see the deputy director of public safety. After the meeting he told me to come down to the police department when I can. I went to the police department the next day. The deputy director gave me a "Complaint form" and "Narrative report" to make out. Near the end of the month he sent me a letter reading:
    "On July 2, 2002 you made a complaint with this department that Officer Sanders made false statements in the police report he completed from an incident that occurred 6-3-02 at 21700 Greenfield, reference Case #02-7786. Further, that the officer illegally searched you when first arriving on the scene.
    Upon receipt of your complaint an investigation was conducted. The investigation has been completed and I find as follows:
    Your allegation that the officer "lied" when making the report is unfounded. The witnesses you identified in your complaint were both interviewed by Sergeant Petrides. One witness you indicated that he saw nothing occur between you and the subject, while the other witness states he observed the subject throw ice tea on you. Both deny observing the subject "punch" you as indicated in your statement. The portion of your complaint that indicates the officer illegally searched you is unfounded. I would note that in limited circumstances officers are allowed to "pat down" persons as a safety precaution. It appears that this was the type of "search" that was done in this case. Further, you indicated in your statement of 6-25-02 that the officer asked, "mind if I search you", prior to conducting the "pat down". You do not indicate that you protested his actions at that time.
    You have completed a witness statement that has been attached to the original report as additional information. Further, you have completed a complaint form that has been forwarded to the City Prosecutor for his review. He will make a determination as to whether there is sufficient evidence to issue assault charges against the subject in this case. You and I have discussed this process, but if you have further questions contact me.
    We require that Oak Park officers always conduct themselves professionally and courteously when dealing with the public. I regret that your experience was unpleasant and hope that any future contact with this department is a more satisfying experience."

I never heard from anyone else about the report.

Quote Quoting cdwjava

Correct. there is no duty to protect ... if they could get sued, no police department would be able to stay open.

- Carl
    But I have noticed times police departments getting sued for neglect of duty. One time in Redford, Mi. an alarm went off late at night indicating someone is in the building. The owner's wife and a manager made it to the scene first. The police made it to the scene next. The police searched the building in a fast manner. No suspect was found. The police left the scene. The manager and owner's wife stayed at the scene and talked. They heard a noise in the room across from them. The manager walked in the room, looked behind a board and noticed a man hiding. The suspect had a gun in his hand. Both men stood face to face struggling with each other. The female left the building to call the police on a pay phone. The manager was shot by the suspect. The police arrived and arrested the suspect. Redford police got sued by the manager's wife of neglect of duty.

In Detroit, Mi. late at night guys were drag racing illegally. Two Lincoln Park police cars were parked on their side of the border making sure the drag racing would not come on their side. One of the drivers drag racing lost control of his car. His out of control car hit a female in the audience in Detroit. The female died. Lincoln Park could not find any misconduct with their officers. But the state or county did charge the officers. The Lincoln Park police officers were charged for neglect of duty for not notifying the Detroit police of the drag racing. One out of the four officers was found not guilty because he was a rookie still being trained.

In Detroit, Mi. a young boy was on a cell phone calling dispatch about his mother's bad condition. The dispatcher was rude to him thinking he was playing games. The dispatch called no EMS over to the house. The boy's mother died. Attorney Frieger will be taking the case for neglect of duty.

At least one residence of Highland Park, Mi. called the city about a vicious stranded dog. No city worker comes to get the dog. The dog kills a females son. The city looses the million dollar law suit for neglect of duty.

I don't know about the first case - do you have any more details? The second did result in lawsuits, which failed. The third case is still pending - the 911 tape is pretty awful. The fourth case could not have happened that way, which is not to say something similar could not have happened. (I've been wrong before, though, so do feel free to prove me wrong again.) Do you have any more details?

Quote Quoting aaron
    I don't know about the first case - do you have any more details?
    It happened 5 - 8 years ago at "Advance Customs Vehicles" on Telegraph Road in Redford, MI. Is was not at the present address, 15360 Telegraph. It was a different building that was torn down a little further north of the present building. When they were at the previous building, I think the business name was "Advance Van." The owner of the business is Bob. His wife was used as a witness in the court case. I can't recall the wife or manager's name. I think the court case was in Ohio.

Quote Quoting aaron
    The fourth case could not have happened that way, which is not to say something similar could not have happened. (I've been wrong before, though, so do feel free to prove me wrong again.) Do you have any more details?
    The lawsuit started/finished shortly before the city started loosing their city employees because of financial problems. I believe Attornet Frieger had the case. I will try to do a little more investigating.

List all your wrong comments. I will be glad to read them.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast