Default Private Campground Not Refunding Money

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Michigan

On June 20th my wife and I signed a contract for a lifetime membership to a private campground in southwest Michigan. Clearly stated on the contract was the process for cancelling the contract for any reason within 3 days.

Within the 3 days we drafted a letter to cancel and sent it via registered mail to the campground. I have the receipts to prove it, one saying it was sent, two saying that they received the letter. I have talked to the business office and they confirmed that the membership was cancelled and we owed them nothing.

The contract also states that a refund would be given within 10 business days of receiving the cancellation.

Here we are almost two months later and still no refund. I have attempted to contact the manager at this place multiple times only to be told by someone else that he would give me a call back. I have never received a call back from anyone at the business. I have been told when he would be in and I've attempted to call him when he was in and no one will answer or I am told he is gone or hasn't been in.

We have disputed the charge with the CC company and I have also submitted a complaint with the BBB and State Attorney General's office. Is there anything else that can be done? or have I done everything that I can before getting an attorney?

Default Re: Private Campground Not Refunding Money

You seem to have covered things pretty well, short of suing.

1. Sponsored Links