Default Legal Meaning of Extortion

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: CA

Dear Sirs:

I was sued by a credit card company (not bank) for my debt (less than $ 10,000).
    I retained an attorney to contest. If I cannot settle with a small amount of monthly installment payments, I am going to write a letter to CEO of that credit card company.
    Also I am going to file complain to Federal Reserve or other related government agency. If I write “cc: Federal Reserve or any related government agency, would that be considered to be “Extortion”? I am a resident of Los Angeles, California.

Default Re: Legal Meaning of Extortion

Also I am going to file complain to Federal Reserve or other related government agency. If I write “cc: Federal Reserve or any related government agency, would that be considered to be “Extortion”?
    No, but I would consider it pointless. What, precisely, do you expect them to do for you?

Default Re: Legal Meaning of Extortion

The federal reserve has nothing to do with credit cards. They can't help you. What, you think they will give you money?

If you have an attorney, then make certain that he does his job and make the credit card company prove you own the money.

Any threat can be extortion if you ask for something in order not do a certain act. You can only threaten things which are within your legal rights, like filing a civil action. Most other things would be illegal and your have the FBI at your door fairly promptly.

1. Sponsored Links