Default How to Disestablish Husband's Paternity in Divorce, Child Conceived After Separation

My question involves paternity law for the State of: Florida

Hi need some advice. I lived in FL until March of 2009. I filed for divorce from Michigan in July of 2009 as pro se. Became pregnant in November of 2009. Divorce not finalized as of birth of baby this month. I was erroneously told that since divorce was initially filed prior to becoming pregant, paternity wouldn't be issue and biological father could be on birth cert etc. I have since found out otherwise and now need to inform husband in FL and due to MI law have to incorporate paternity issue in divorce decree. Will having husand sign affidavit denying paternity, bio dad signing petition acknowledging paternity and modifyning initial pettion from one w/o minor children to one with minor child and above suffice? Bio dad and I are together and want him as legal father. Husband has no knowledge of pregnancy.

Default Re: Florida Divorce Not Final, Disestablish Husband Paternity

Husband is about to have knowledge of pregnancy.

In your case though if you're ALL willing to do the paperwork - that is, husband sign affidavit denying paternity, biological father sign AOP etc - it shouldn't be too complicated.

However, if I were you I'd see a local attorney anyway. Just to make sure your t's are crossed and your i's dotted.

And just in case your husband wants to fight it.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

Default Re: How to Disestablish Husband's Paternity in Divorce, Child Conceived After Separat

Thank you for quick reply! Hopefully all will go well, will be calling husband to discuss with him tomorrow...

1. Sponsored Links