Angry I Tried to Break in

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: NC

My mom drove me to the rec center since I can't drive. My friend drove me there the other times. I live pretty close. I walked a lap since it's what I came to do. I then tried to open the rec center, but the door was locked. I wanted to put my keys and cell phone in there, because I'm paranoid about leaving them out in the open. With no choice, I decide to leave them on the table nearby. I decided to jog a lap.

Two police cars await me at the end of the lap after I grab my keys and cellphone off the table. They have footage of me saying that I am trying to break in the rec center. I tell them the story I stated up there and I'm shaking. I realize my body's shaking. They tell me I'm lying and I'm suspicious because my story doesn't add up. One of them decides to ban me from the town property. I had to walk home.

I don't believe he has the right to ban me from the rec center. Is there anything I can do about this?

Default Re: I Tried to Break in

They tell me I'm lying and I'm suspicious because my story doesn't add up.
    No kidding! You went to the Rec Center to walk ONE lap and jog ONE lap? I don't buy your story - what really happened?

You don't need to go to the Rec center to get this kind of exercise. Try walking around your block and you can leave your valuables at home.

I was planning to walk and run more, but the cops stopped me. I was using my cellphone to time my laps and left my house locked so I obviously need my keys.

Thumbs down Re: I Tried to Break in

If you were using your cell phone to time your laps why did you want to put it in the rec center? Doesn't add up...

Oh, I didn't think about it that far. I was just afraid it might get stolen.

If police felt your activity was suspicious, and the rec center is either a public facility or a private facility that has given police the authority to act on their behalf, yes, they can ban you from the premises and arrest you for "trespass after warning" if you choose to return.

I see. Thank you for replying, but is there anything I can do to uplift that ban?

You're a minor, right? How about asking your mom to speak to the manager of the rec center.

Why did you title this thread, "I Tried to Break In", if you did not in fact try to break in?

I'd prefer to have my mom stay away from my problems, because I don't trust her English.

I also titled this thread as such, because I thought it was fitting. I like to refrain from using long titles when I'm expected to explain everything in the first post.

1. Sponsored Links