Default I-485 Approved After Unlawful Presence, Working With False Documents

My question is in the state of NY:

I have been living in the US for 16 years. I have a valid social security in which I got through my student visa and then my work authorization. After a while, I became out of status. I got married to also an out of status girl. We now have a american born son. I needed to work to support both of them. After losing my status, my employer asked me for my work authorization extension. I did not have one. So, desperately, I purchased a fake work authorization and a fake green card so that I could still remain in the company. No questions were asked.

Now, I just received an approval for my I-485 and I have an interview for my real GC soon. My father became filed a petition for me back in 2000 and it was approved.

I will soon get my Green Card. However, I never felt good about my fake immigration documents and I would like to do something about it. Should I tell my employer all about it and expect them to understand? Should I just present my real GC once I get it and forget about it? Will I have problems in the future? What about if they found out or what about if there is visit from the immigration officers? I just want to fix this mess that is killing my consciousness.

Thank you.

Default Re: Once Out of Status with False Documents and Now Legalwhat to Fix It

Not only did you commit a felony by forging a government document, but falsifying a citizenship document will forever bar you from getting that green card on your own.

I don't know what to tell you. If the company gets audited, you lose. If you turn in your new green card and they call ICE, you lose. If you tell ICE, you lose.

This is a very serious issue. I strongly recommend a consultation with an attorney TODAY.

I never forge any document because I did not make any myself. I bought one or possess one. I can be charged not to have forged a government document by for possessing it.

Thanks.

Does IDENTITY THEFT mean anything to you?

See a lawyer.

I did not use anybody identity and I did not take anyone's identity. I just bought a document where my own picture and my information were input in it. Now, since I have the real Green Card and I want to fix things and I do not know if I tell my employer that what I provided them previously was false and I have my real Green Card now.

Default Re: I-485 Approved After Unlawful Presence, Working With False Documents

You were illegally working. You put your employer at risk. You need a lawyer and deserve to be fired.

I do not understand how you managed to get a GC. I hope you did not lie more.

Default Re: I-485 Approved After Unlawful Presence, Working With False Documents

I am actually in this forum to get some legal and nice advice and not personal opinion.

I gave you the proper advice: Because of your illegal actions, you need an attorney.

Quote Quoting hamsoas
    View Post
    I am actually in this forum to get some legal and nice advice and not personal opinion.
    YOU passed a known false document to your employer as proof of your citizenship.

YOU committed a felony by doing so.

YOU need to speak with an attorney very soon.

As to "nice advice", stop lying and disregarding the laws of this country as if they don't matter and then we can talk about "nice".

Quote Quoting hamsoas
    View Post
    I never forge any document because I did not make any myself. I bought one or possess one. I can be charged not to have forged a government document by for possessing it.

Thanks.
    YOU ordered it.

YOU possessed it.

YOU passed it as real.

YOU committed a felony.

If you are going to lie and cheat your way into a job, at least be a man about it rather than a child trying to pretend what you did wasn't so bad.

You probably have not read my first post. I made a huge mistake which I want to fix. I came to this forum just to get some advice on how to fix it. I am not here saying there is an excuse for what I have done. You just read the last post and are making assumptions.I did not say that what I did was not so bad. You better read it again. What I want is to correct things and that is why I posted a question here on how I should start fixing it.

1. Sponsored Links