Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation I Might Be Pregnant - Can I Be Emancipated

My question involves emancipation laws for the State of: Florida.

I am alomost 16 years old and I might be pregnant. My parents cannot afford to take care of me and a new baby, it is hard to pay the bills already. My boyfriend's family has offered to let me move in with them if I am pregnant because both my boyfriend and his parents have jobs and they make more than enough to support us. The only problem is that my parents are stubborn and they refuse to let me move in with my boyfriend's family even if it means making things harder around the house. Is it possible for me to get emancipated and move in with my boyfriend's family even if my parents will not allow it?

Default Re: I Might Be Pregnant. Can I Be Emancipated

Short answer... no. Emancipation isn't going to happen.

If your parents are unwilling to consent to emancipation (which, BTW, will NOT happen if you are simply moving in with your bf; that's not what emancipation is) then the short answer to your question is NO.

If you cannot afford to support an infant and yourself, perhaps you should consider giving the child up for adoption to people that can support the baby. Why should your parents or your bf's parents be forced to raise both you and their grandchild? If you can't shoulder the responsibilities of your actions all by yourself, then you are not grown up enough to be engaging in those behaviors. Put a quarter firmly between your knees!

First of all, in Florida the ONLY way to be emancipated is if your parents file the petition. If they are against it, you have NO chance whatsoever at emancipation. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. No matter how many but-what-if's you come up with. It. Will. Not. Happen.

Second, the chance that a pregnant minor, in any state, will qualify for emancipation are somewhat less than zero.

Finally, no judge in the US is going to emancipate a teen against her parents' wishes so that she can go live with her boyfriend OR his family. Ever. No matter what. And that goes double if she is pregnant.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    First of all, in Florida the ONLY way to be emancipated is if your parents file the petition. If they are against it, you have NO chance whatsoever at emancipation. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. No matter how many but-what-if's you come up with. It. Will. Not. Happen.

Second, the chance that a pregnant minor, in any state, will qualify for emancipation are somewhat less than zero.

Finally, no judge in the US is going to emancipate a teen against her parents' wishes so that she can go live with her boyfriend OR his family. Ever. No matter what. And that goes double if she is pregnant.

My dear patient cbg, do you have this stickied or macro'd on your PC? You seem to have to say it very very often!

And I forgot to mention that since she is not only under the age of consent, but also under the age for the "close in age" exceptions to kick in, her boyfriend is in very, very big trouble as he committed a crime when he had sex with her. If she IS pregnant, that's just proof positive of the crime and her boyfriend will be going to jail.

Does anyone but me wonder WHY no one reads the stickies??? LOL I love you guys cause you're always willing to go above and beyond! huggs

But mamabear, those stickies can't possibly be meant to apply to THEM! THEIR situation is SO much different; surely the law will make an exception for THEM! THEY'RE just so much more special than everyone else, it can't possibly be that THEY are required to follow the same requirements as the rest of the world! After all, they're in LOOOOOOVVVVVVVE!

and since BF's parents are doing so well, maybe they will help BF pay for the child support that he will owe very shortly. That will surely help if from being such a burden on you and your parents household.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    and since BF's parents are doing so well, maybe they will help BF pay for the child support that he will owe very shortly. That will surely help if from being such a burden on you and your parents household.

A most excellent point, jk!

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast