Default Bought Car from New Hampshire Dealer, Still Haven't Received Title

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of New Hampshire. Bought Car from New Hampshire Dealer, Still Haven't Received Title. I live in Portland Maine & I would like to know if I can sue this New Hampshire auto dealer for not providing me with the vehicle title at the time of the sale. I have the bill of sale, a copy of the (TMDV 17A) State of New Hampshire registered owner's assignment/dealer reassignment of title to a motor vehicle as well as all receipts. I have included the correspondence e-mail trail below:

To: <email address deleted>
    Sent: Wed, July 21, 2010 6:51:11 AM
    Subject: Re: 2003 Subaru Outback - Silver - 4S3BH675237631463 (Stock # 5190A)

Hi Mr. Kleiner,

I think Jon may have misrepresented the facts about the vehicle title. He initially said last Saturday that they do not have the title on site I that he would overnight mail it to me. On Monday, during my phone conversation with Jon he mentioned that they have the title & that he is checking with the title clerk.

The situation that you have mentioned had me a bit disturbed about the transaction. I am not sure about the sale process of cars in New Hampshire but I think I should have gotten a title application if not the actual title at the time of sale with which I could have bought tags and registered it. At the very least, I believe I should been provided for & compensated by your dealership with a temporary tag/plates as well as the state vehicle inspection and/or any fees associated with it at least until I get the title. I do thank you however for being on top of the situation hope to see a resolution soon for this.

Sincerely,

Ryan Espineli

To: jkleiner<email address deleted>
    Cc: KAxelsen<email address deleted>
    Sent: Tue, July 20, 2010 5:07:48 PM

Hi Mr Kleiner,

Thanks for your prompt response. I have copied my credit union as well regarding this so that we are all at same page. Please do keep us posted in regards to this.

Thanks,

Ryan Espineli
    <phone number deleted>

To: Ryan Espineli <email address deleted>
    Sent: Tue, July 20, 2010 4:44:46 PM

Ryan,
    Thank you for your patience. The vehicle you purchased was a recent trade and because the customer, who traded your new car, had some loose ends to tie up to secure the new loan, his trade was not yet paid off.
    We have since secured his funding and the payoff was sent Fed-Ex overnight to USAA. I will follow-up with their title department tomorrow afternoon to request an expidited return overnight back to me so I can get it to you by week's end. I am on top of this situation and the only thing I can't control is USAA releasing the title to me. I will stay on them and keep you posted.
    Thank you again,
    Jeffrey L. Kleiner

Director of Operations and Consumer Relations
    Empire Automotive Group
    782 Gold Street
    Manchester, NH 03103
    603-641-8800 (phone)
    603-641-8812 (fax)
    jkleiner<email address deleted>

------ Original Message ------
    Received: 04:22 PM EDT, 07/20/2010
    To: jkleiner@empireautomotivegroup.com

Hello Mr. Kleiner,

Could you please send me an e-mail of the explanation you gave me regarding the title of the vehicle. I need to send this to my credit union (lender) to explain to them as well the cause of the delay in the delivery of the title.

Best,

Ryan Espineli
    <phone number deleted>

To: Jonathan Diozzi <email address deleted>
    Cc: jkleiner<email address deleted>
    Sent: Tue, July 20, 2010 9:05:01 AM

Good Morning Jon,

Could you please advise of the time frame on when I should expect to get the title of the vehicle?

Thanks,

Ryan Espineli
    <phone number deleted>

Sent: Mon, July 19, 2010 2:55:32 PM

Yes Ryan I remember the conversation. I have looked into it and I am waiting to hear back from my title clerk. I will let you know as soon as I get an answer.

Thank You
    Jonathan

Received: 02:46 PM EDT, 07/19/2010

Hi Jon,

As per our call earlier, please let me know when you can send the title of the vehicle to me ASAP. I am unable to register it without this.

Thanks,

Ryan Espineli

Sent: Fri, July 16, 2010 2:29:07 PM
    Subject: Re: 2003 Subaru Outback - Silver

Hi Jon,

I know we spoke earlier about getting the car at 4PM Sat. Would you be able to move it to 9AM tomorrow instead? Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Ryan Espineli
    <phone number deleted>

Sent: Wed, July 14, 2010 2:16:07 PM

Thanks Jon, here is my fax number <phone number deleted>

Sent: Wed, July 14, 2010 2:14:00 PM

4S3BH675237631463
    I am having trouble with my system attaching the autocheck. Give me your fax number and I will send it to you...

Received: 05:35 PM EDT, 07/13/2010
    To: jdiozzi<email address deleted>
    Subject: 2003 Subaru Outback - Silver

Hi John,

When you send me the VIN, could you also send me the autocheck report for this vehicle as well?

Thanks,

Ryan Espineli

Default Re: Bought Car from New Hampshire Dealer, Still Haven't Received Title

Please disregard as the dealer has resolved the situation.

1. Sponsored Links