Default Received Two Speeding Tickets During a Road Trip, One in a Work Zone

My question involves a speeding ticket from the States of Colorado and Illinois. I was taking a cross country road trip the past few months and on the way back racked up two speeding tickets. One of which was in Meekers, CO and the other was in a work zone (it was late at night and they had no flashing lights) in Illinois. I am from NC and can not afford to have points on my license or insurance. I have heard rumor that some states are bad at or sometimes do not at all send out of state tickets to the home state. NC has a law that if you get a ticket for 15 over or more you lose your license for a year. I have also read that CO does not send any information out about out of state tickets. I was thinking that one I could just pay and be done with seeing as it is not 15 over and they do not send information so my insurance would not look. Is that a bad idea or is that actually true. I appreciate any and all advice.

Another thing is that my cars speedometer broke about 3 weeks into my trip. Both cops saw the fact that my spedo was pinned out a 120mph. I have gotten quotes to fix it. If I have to get a lawyer to help fight these tickets would that be useful even though the tickets are 14-20 over.

Default Re: Received Two Speeding Tickets During a Road Trip, One in a Work Zone

Anyone have any advice?

1. Sponsored Links