Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Can I Have Pictures of Me and My Family Removed from Someone Else's Facebook/Myspace

Someone has posted photos of my self and my family (including minor children) on their facebook without my permission. The photos were taken in my house but by her. I did not give her permission to take or post these photos and I want them down but she refuses. Is there anything I can do to get them removed besides asking facebook/myspace? Can I call the police? I am in Florida.

Default Re: Can I Have Pictures of Me and My Family Removed from Someone Else's Facebook/Mysp

The photos were taken in my house but by her.
    She owns the copyright to the photos, and may do with them as she pleases.

Is there anything I can do to get them removed besides asking facebook/myspace?
    Unless you own the copyright to the photos - which you don't - Facebook and MySpace will not act.

Can I call the police?
    Only if you're interested in being told not to waste their time.

Default Re: Can I Have Pictures of Me and My Family Removed from Someone Else's Facebook/Mysp

But in my oqn home, don't I have a reasonable expectation of privacy?

Oregon now, but will probably end up back in Nevada someday

But in my oqn home, don't I have a reasonable expectation of privacy?
    Did you not know she was in your home? Did you not allow her into your home? Did she plant a hidden camera?

Actually she came in herself but that is not the issue. Legally there has to be something I can do, especially when some of the pictures are of my children.

How does having these pictures up damage you or your children? In what way does this harm you or them?

If you could explain that, we might have some suggestions.

It violates their right to privacy and mine.

Exclamation Re: Can I Have Pictures of Me and My Family Removed from Someone Else's Facebook/Mysp

Your 'right to privacy' does not trump their right to free speech. If you didn't want this person to own photos of you or your kids, you should have told them they were not at liberty to take the pictures.

So, you let someone roam freely in your house with a camera taking pictures. And, now, after the fact, you want the law to restrict what the person can do with the pictures? You have a right to privacy -- that would have been before you permitted the pictures to be taken.

What you have said makes little sense. I don't see any criminal conduct in what you have described, however poorly.

The only thing legally is a tort in Florida called intrusion. It is directed at the media but no case law limits it to that. For example, lets say you are a newsworthy person and you invite a bunch of people to a party. One of those people, or perhaps a guest of one of those people is a reporter, who goes sneeking around your house looking at paperwork, taking pictures of your house, etc.

You could thus sue for intrusion. However, this is NOT a contingency type case, you'd be paying an attorney up front.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast