Question Newborn Custody with Possibility of Relocation

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Nevada

I am about to give birth to my first child within the next week. My husband and I are separated. The baby will be living with me, and I am living with my mother and step-father. My husband has agreed to sign a separation agreement to establish child support and other things. I believe that stating he can visit in 2 hour blocks, 3 times a week is a fair visitation schedule. I will allow him over here much more than that (provided he is being reasonable and a good father), but believe that we want that in the agreement to guarantee his time with our daughter. However, I do not want him to be able to see her without me present or take her out of the home. He is a recovering drug addict and while he went to rehab about a month ago, I do not trust that he is clean and won't endanger the child. I would like to include the right to have him take a home drug test if he is suspected of being high. Is this reasonable?

In addition, I am in the military and could receive orders at anytime. I want to ensure that the baby will be able to go with me if I must relocate. Considering my husbands drug abuse history, would this be difficult to obtain? And does this have to be court agreed upon or can it just be a written agreements between us?

Default Re: Newborn Custody with Possibility of Relocation

Quote Quoting lstehn
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Nevada

I am about to give birth to my first child within the next week. My husband and I are separated. The baby will be living with me, and I am living with my mother and step-father. My husband has agreed to sign a separation agreement to establish child support and other things. I believe that stating he can visit in 2 hour blocks, 3 times a week is a fair visitation schedule. I will allow him over here much more than that (provided he is being reasonable and a good father), but believe that we want that in the agreement to guarantee his time with our daughter. However, I do not want him to be able to see her without me present or take her out of the home. He is a recovering drug addict and while he went to rehab about a month ago, I do not trust that he is clean and won't endanger the child. I would like to include the right to have him take a home drug test if he is suspected of being high. Is this reasonable?

In addition, I am in the military and could receive orders at anytime. I want to ensure that the baby will be able to go with me if I must relocate. Considering my husbands drug abuse history, would this be difficult to obtain? And does this have to be court agreed upon or can it just be a written agreements between us?
    How long have you been aware of his drug abuse history? Has Dad a resent criminal history with the police? If so...What are the CONVICTIONS?

Also are you possible deployable?

1. Sponsored Links