Thumbs down Unpaying Client, Wont Respond, Refused Certified Letter

Hi, I did business with a friend of a friend and didn't get a signed contract however everything was agreed over email. I invoiced and he states that we never agreed to the amount. The amount is larger due to change requests, up to $6000 from $5000. He stated that either he pays what he agree's or I can return and remove all the equipment I provided. I informed him I would return however he wont respond. I just sent a certified letter stating that I would return on such and such and the letter was refused.

I am perplexed as to what my next move should be. I just want the equipment back and will walk away without asking for any $$.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Unpaying Client, Wont Respond, Refused Certified Letter

You are free to sue him for the money he owes.

I can't review your contract or any change orders from here, so I can't speak to the increase over your original quote.

As you were told when you posted, laws vary by state.

Default Re: Unpaying Client, Wont Respond, Refused Certified Letter

Quote Quoting longhorn
    View Post
    Hi, I did business with a friend of a friend and didn't get a signed contract however everything was agreed over email. I invoiced and he states that we never agreed to the amount. The amount is larger due to change requests, up to $6000 from $5000. He stated that either he pays what he agree's or I can return and remove all the equipment I provided. I informed him I would return however he wont respond. I just sent a certified letter stating that I would return on such and such and the letter was refused.

I am perplexed as to what my next move should be. I just want the equipment back and will walk away without asking for any $$.

Thanks in advance.
    Depending on the state, and I don't see what state you're in, I recall in many jurisdictions now, e-mails are acceptable as a contract agreement. If he agreed in an e-mail to amend the amount by $1,000, this is just as good as a contract.

For the amount, I would go to small claims.

1. Sponsored Links