Default School Attendence Problem

Hi I'm 15 years old and live in New York and my sister is 14 and for years now we've both suffered from what I can only imagine would be didaskaleinophobia and it has gotten worse and worse through out the years and all the evidence is there with past meeting that we have it but it finally got to be too much and we haven't attended school since 2nd week of January this year so now after having us both seeing psychatrists we were called into a meeting today with a PINS program probation officer saying we either had to start attending or we would have our day in court and could get a alternate placement from the household. Now I don't know if I'm being vague or what but basically I was wondering if we had any alternatives/

Default Re: School Attendence Problem

Didaskaleinophobia as in "fear of going to school", or are you speaking of some form of social anxiety disorder?

Having a medical or psycholgical disorder, or even being homebound, doesn't excuse you from state laws for school attendance - they can change how you attend school, but you can't just stop going. There are alternatives, including home schooling.

Wouldn't I need the school district and my psychatrist to approve homeschooling?

If you want home schooling from the public school system, you would have to be approved through their system. But there are private homeschooling options, such as Clonlara.

Let me tell you something ,you both ae better off ,going to school, I know because the same thiing happen to my liitle brother , he's 15 yrs old and locked in a dention center for not going to school ,he also has the same phobia ,and the system don't care ,he spents months in jail and then they let him out ,on zero tolerance ,but he missed one class and now they locked him back up ,I miss him so much ask your parents to request a PPT meeting and have you guys place in alternative schools ,the have smaller classes and maybe that will help ,you feel comfortable going ,but find out a way cause that's not a good enough excuse

1. Sponsored Links