Default CHP Speeding Ticket in Orange County

My question involves a speeding ticket from the State of: California
    I was cited for going "80+" in a 65mph. I have had one before a few years ago but never traffic school. I am guessing I should just pay the fine and pray for traffic school (aka ask politely?), but I'm getting mixed info. re fine calculation. I checked out 2010 CA uniform bail and penalty schedules. It estimates 146$ but I know better lol. The court informed me the + on my ticket. Please help?

Default Re: Fine for Chp Speeding Ticket Oc California

Quote Quoting werica
    View Post
    My question involves a speeding ticket from the State of: California
    I was cited for going "80+" in a 65mph. I have had one before a few years ago but never traffic school. I am guessing I should just pay the fine and pray for traffic school (aka ask politely?), but I'm getting mixed info. re fine calculation. I checked out 2010 CA uniform bail and penalty schedules. It estimates 146$ but I know better lol. The court informed me the + on my ticket. Please help?
    In addition to the $146 you have to add the $30 + $35 (you'll find those in the footnote at the bottom of each page of the Bail Schedule)...

So: $146 +$30 + $35 = $211 (Amount may vary slightly by county)

Also, with 80 in 65 (15mph over) you should automatically qualify for traffic school. Your courtesy notice (which you should receive from the court approximately 3 weeks after the violation date) will give you all the information you need.

Default Re: Fine for Chp Speeding Ticket Oc California

Thank you very much. That was unfathomably swifter and easier than calling the cort house .

Default Re: CHP Speeding Ticket in Orange County

If 80 is in the speed box then that is the bracket which you get your fine at (1-15). The + simply shows the judge the officer gave a break to you at the window. Some judges like it, others don't. I write the qualifying lap speed in the speed box all the time. Others love the +.

1. Sponsored Links