Default Falsely Accused of Burglary

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Texas

Ok here is my story. I met a friend online and this friend invited me to stay at her apt in MEXICO. I stayed there for about a week and i think i only went into the united states twice. This person also has a house in a border city. well while i was house sitting in mexico i did not feel comfortable being there and so i left the apt and when back to the united states. After i left, it seems that some things were missing from the apt. Here is where it gets hairy. She says its me and has now reported me to the police and has said that now i was staying at her house but on the US side! obviously i was never there so they will find nothing, no fingerprints, forced entry, hair nothing. I dont even know where that house is! The only bad thing is that i did end up with some of her possessions in mine and they were pawned in a city like 5 hours away. My question is, considering i NEVER went into the house, can i still be charged considering that the crime happened in mexico although she is lying about it and saying it happened here in the united states?

Oregon now, but will probably end up back in Nevada someday

Default Re: Burglary Falsely Accused

i did end up with some of her possessions in mine and they were pawned in a city like 5 hours away
    So, you took some of her things, pawned them...and you think you're being falsely accused?!

basically what has happened is that since this occured in mexico, one cannot be charged in the united states..or supposedly..my question is based on what has been written, is it likely or not likely that i will be looking at charges? i have tried to call the investigators several times and left messages..noone has called me back.

For one she is giving you a gift if she says it happened in the US when in fact it did happen in Mexico.

I would rather spend 1 year locked up with Bubba then a year locked up in Mexico with Tito.

If you are charged in the U.S., you are free to argue that you stole the items in Mexico and thus that the U.S. has no jurisdiction over your crime. But until the police get your side of the story they have no reason to doubt hers.

Default Re: Falsely Accused of Burglary

so considering everything..i have never been to her house and there are no witnesses since i was never there..so do i have a reason to worry?

1. Sponsored Links