Question Help with a Co-Guardianship

I have another question in regards to guardianship.

I read the law on "The power of attorney for care of a minor child act' for TN.

http://tennessee.gov/sos/acts/103/pub/pc0071.pdf

Now by putting co- guardianship in our guardianship form does this negate our guardianship form because of what is written in this law.

I then looked at the Ohio law and it only specifies grandparents not other relatives that I can find.http://www.ohiobar.org/pub/lycu/index.asp?articleid=374

I guess what I am trying to ask is this: If I lived in Ohio and we had the co-guardianship set up and my daughter became ill and the children had to come and live with us how does this law in Ohio affect us a grandparents.

Thank you for any input you can give me in this matter. We almost lost a granddaughter to cps and so we are trying to be sure everything we do to protect the grandchildren is correct.

Default Re: Help with a Co-Guardianship

The Ohio article is about the CAA or "caretaker authorization affidavit", a document signed by the grandparent assuming responsibility for a grandchild where the parent is missing or cannot be located. So it isn't really relevant to your power of attorney. If you want to know if the form you created will be respected in Ohio, you need to have it checked out by a lawyer in Ohio.

1. Sponsored Links