Angry Accused of Cheating While Taking My Permit Test

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Massachusetts

Today, June 18th, I went to the RMV to take the permit test again in order to obtain my Learner's permit. When I got to the clerk, she tells me that I can not take my permit test because I was "caught cheating" on my last attempt back in April 30th. Therefore, I'm in a 60 day suspension and I have to pay a 100 dollar fee in order to take my permit test. Now here's the twist, I did NOT cheat. The supervisor (who was very rude) denyed me a copy of the file they had in their hands that stated I was "caught cheating" and they also denyed showing me any proof. They said that I should just simply wait my 60 day suspension and pay the 100 dollar fee. I reject because that is a false statement, and if I do wait my sixty days and pay the fee, that shows that I'm accepting that I was at fault. On April 30th I was not notified that someone suspected that I was cheating (I was the only one in the testing room because it was close to closing time and my mother even took my purse before I went in) and I read that it's a requierment for the RMV to send a notice for any type of suspension to the address that is on record. I did NOT recieve a notice of any sort. I could have gone to a hearings officer but it had to be done within 30 days. Like I said I was not aware of such an accuse. What can I do?

Default Re: Accused of Cheating While Taking My Permit Test

When you asked about the notice, and tried to figure out why you didn't receive a copy, what did you find out?

The notice they had was on their side of the desk. They didn't even show it to me but at one point the clerk and supervisor walk away and I took and looked at it and it said that my reason for my record to be locked was because, and this is what it said literally "caught cheating". And it also had the full name of the person that put that report. The supervisor said that the person that put the report was the clerk from last time (she didnt know i looked at the notice) and I realized that the the the clerk that filed i was cheating had the same first name as the supervisor. does that make sence? I think that may be corruption because the also took a very long time to let me know. (I waited for 2 hours for them to call me back because at first the problem was that they couldnt tell which one was my record because they have two record under the same name because of me and my mom)But anywho, i asked to get a copy of it and the supervisor said that that notice was internal information of the RMV and I had no access to it either, turned her back and walked away. Did that answer your question? Im sorry that i explained alot

540 CMR 2.06(5)(2) provides that "[a]nyone who cheats or attempts to cheat on a driver's license knowledge test shall be disqualified from holding any class of driver's license or learner's permit for 60 consecutive days."

The Registry of Motor Vehicles has determined that you've either cheated or attempted to cheat. In order to challenge this, you have to file an appeal with the Board of Appeal of the Mass. Division of Insurance. It costs $50.00 to file an appeal and it will take at least three (3) weeks to get a hearing before the Board. Your 60 day suspension may well be expired by then. The only other recoruse that you have is to try to speak with a Registry Hearings Officer or supervisor, to see if they would be willing to reverse the disqualification. Unfortunately, this is unlikely.

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

My question is....

why you? Of all the people who come into the RMV to take a driving test, why did they single you out?
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

Quote Quoting CourtClerk
    View Post
    My question is....

why you? Of all the people who come into the RMV to take a driving test, why did they single you out?
    Because...
    Quote Quoting MissDiorLuxe
    View Post
    I think that may be corruption

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Quote Quoting That Guy
    View Post
    Because...

Yeah.... but I was looking for a more LOGICAL answer. Perhaps you can find me one....
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

1. Sponsored Links