Default Signed Lease, Security Deposit Was Deposited

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Ohio

About a week ago I got the approval for an apartment, I went and signed the lease, as did an agent with the property management company, he gave me copies of everything, and 2 days later my security deposit had been deposited, but recently the person who showed us the apartment has been posting the apartment listing everyday or every other day on the website I originally found out about it on, and it is still listed as available on their management websites. This person is also an agent and im more than positive that she is aware ive signed the lease etc. Also Im scheduled to move in and pay a pet deposit and first months rent the first of next month.
    Basically, Im just wondering if this is just something theyre doing as a backup possibly if something prevented me from moving in on the first? Is the apartment mine since i did sign a lease and pay my deposit and they deposited it?
    Ive also left a message but never got a call back.
    Im just nervous because ive called and have had everything scheduled to transfer on the first, and paid moving fees.

Thanks.

Default Re: Signed Lease, Security Deposit Was Deposited

It's hard to know what they are doing. Maybe they had ads scheduled to run and they simply forgot to pull them when you signed your lease.

If you signed the lease and completed making any payments required, you lease is binding barring something not disclosed here.

In the lease it says it is binding the landlord and the tenant, jointly and severally.
    Im just being precautious. I suppose I shall just try to ring them again in the morning, Thanks!

the only thing I can see that might allow them to consider the lease invalid is not having paid the first months rent. If that is not considered due until you move in, then you should be fine. If it is due at the time of signing the lease, then they can argue you never fulfilled the requirements of the lease to make it binding.

Okay I should be good then because it states x amount of rent due July 1st along with pet deposit.

You should be fine but you can also call to verify things. If it is as I suggested, it might save them a couple bucks and it would obviously put your mind at ease. Sounds like you need the reassurance for your peace of mind. I would give them a call still just to be sure of things.

Thanks for the advice!

1. Sponsored Links