Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Caught Twice Without a Driver's Licence

California
    I was caught by the same cop. This time for talking on the phone. (car did not have insurance/license plate). i was dropping my friend off (same friend, same emergency)... and my little sister had called me about 10x straight and i could not ignore it any longer.
    Please tell me what i can do. ****! MY! LIFE! >.<

Default Re: Caught 2x W/Out Licence

Quote Quoting komar
    View Post
    California
    I was caught by the same cop. This time for talking on the phone. (car did not have insurance/license plate). i was dropping my friend off (same friend, same emergency)... and my little sister had called me about 10x straight and i could not ignore it any longer.
    Please tell me what i can do. ****! MY! LIFE! >.<
    Sounds like Ground Hog day to me.

Why do you insist on driving when you KNOW that you don't have all your duckies in a row???

Whatever bad spot your life is in, is your own fault. Pay your fines, kiss your license goodbye, and stay within the bounds of the law. That is what you should do.

Default Re: Caught 2x W/Out Licence

Quote Quoting komar
    View Post
    Please tell me what i can do.
    How about you do the following:
    • Stop driving until you get your license.
    • Stop driving a vehicle until it is registered and insured.
    • Stop using your friend's period as an excuse for every wrong/illegal thing you do.
    • Pull over when you get a phone call or don't answer the phone at all.
    • Maybe you should also re-read the DMV issued driver's manual... Sounds like you have forgotten ALL of what you recently learned in driver's ed.

Default Re: Caught Twice Without a Driver's Licence

sigh.
    come on people... this is what you call help, mocking a person who is in dire need of help? making one feel worse?
    sigh. you guys are pitiful! sigh...

Quote Quoting komar
    View Post
    sigh.
    come on people... this is what you call help, mocking a person who is in dire need of help? making one feel worse?
    sigh. you guys are pitiful! sigh...
    Look in the mirror when you say that

I am here looking for help, not someone telling me to look in the mirror and sh**
    come on, people. get past that sh**. ok i didn't follow the law, but do you even know why? at least listen to the whole argument before coming to conclusions ...
    you guys should really be ashamed, stating the obvious and making yourselves feel good...

Quote Quoting komar
    View Post
    I am here looking for help, not someone telling me to look in the mirror and sh**
    come on, people. get past that sh**. ok i didn't follow the law, but do you even know why? at least listen to the whole argument before coming to conclusions ...
    you guys should really be ashamed, stating the obvious and making yourselves feel good...
    You can argue about why all day long. It can be because the Pope told you to do it, IT DOESN'T MATTER.

You can expect your license to be suspended. You can expect to have to pay some fines.

The world does not revolve around you and your needs. You are arrogant and self-centered. You would help yourself if you came to realize that you son, are a low man on the totem pole and you will need to surrender to authority over and over again in your life.

So, yes Mr. Please-Pity-Me, look in the mirror, take your medicine like a big boy, and learn to take the bus.

sigh... there you go again.
    and fyi, is that why there are things called exceptions? -.-
    and we can get into a argument about the system we live in, but that would obviously be a waste of your time. hah.
    thanks for the help...

Quote Quoting komar
    View Post
    sigh... there you go again.
    and fyi, is that why there are things called exceptions? -.-
    and we can get into a argument about the system we live in, but that would obviously be a waste of your time. hah.
    thanks for the help...
    Okay, what legal defense do you think you can mount? What dire, life-threatening medical emergency was occurring that compelled you to drive? If there was no potentially life threatening emergency, then a necessity defense is pretty much out.

So, that leaves the "I did not know," defense. Have you EVER had a valid CA driver's license? If not, then you're out of luck again unless you can honestly state that you are a visitor and have not been employed here or worked since you came from another state where you do have a valid license. And if you NEVER had a valid license, and the police did NOT tow your car for 30 days, you got really, really, lucky.

Heck, they could have simply booked you for the second offense citing a wee little code section that allows the police to book for traffic offenses if there is a reasonable belief that the offense will continue to occur. Well, a second offense could be argued as meeting that bill.

You can blame "the system" all you want. But, YOU knew you did not have a license, and you intentionally drove without one. The only person to blame for your predicament is you.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting Antigone
    View Post
    You can argue about why all day long. It can be because the Pope told you to do it, IT DOESN'T MATTER.

You can expect your license to be suspended. You can expect to have to pay some fines.

The world does not revolve around you and your needs. You are arrogant and self-centered. You would help yourself if you came to realize that you son, are a low man on the totem pole and you will need to surrender to authority over and over again in your life.

So, yes Mr. Please-Pity-Me, look in the mirror, take your medicine like a big boy, and learn to take the bus.
    Editing my list:

How about you do the following:
    • Stop driving until you get your license.
    • Stop driving a vehicle until it is registered and insured.
    • Stop using your friend's period as an excuse for every wrong/illegal thing you do.
    • Pull over when you get a phone call or don't answer the phone at all.
    • Maybe you should also re-read the DMV issued driver's manual... Sounds like you have forgotten ALL of what you recently learned in driver's ed.
    • Get a REALLY good paying summer job to help pay for all the fines.
    • Learn to take the bus.

Thanks Tigi...

Quote Quoting komar
    View Post
    and fyi, is that why there are things called exceptions?
    "Exception" may work in your favor ONCE... But when you make the same mistake the first time and follow that up by a repeat (the NEXT DAY), all while piling on a new set of violations, it shows that you are defiant... Judges don't like people who defy the law!

So be prepared for an ass chewing by the judge, a higher than average insurance premium... the list goes on and on...

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast