Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Caught Twice Without a Driver's Licence

Quote Quoting mamabear2102003
    View Post
    So, you posted the same problem, in two different threads hoping for a different answer? Doesn't work that way... same situation, same answer. Stop driving until you are legal. Obviously, consequences really mean very little to you, since you continue to do the same things over and over.
    I too am a first time and last time user of this lets beat you up session forum (so no i was not trying to repost for other answers.) There are circumstances that just can't be helped and yes I made the decision to drive knowing I didn't have a license. I was not arrested I have letters for both offenses for my defense but seeing how this "REALLY" is not an EXPERT LEGAL FORUM because not one of you have provided the only answer that was asked. What might the consequences be?

Quote Quoting cantgetitright
    View Post
    I too am a first time and last time user of this lets beat you up session forum (so no i was not trying to repost for other answers.) There are circumstances that just can't be helped and yes I made the decision to drive knowing I didn't have a license. I was not arrested I have letters for both offenses for my defense but seeing how this "REALLY" is not an EXPERT LEGAL FORUM because not one of you have provided the only answer that was asked. What might the consequences be?
    The consequences will likely include fines of about $363 for the unlicensed driving, informal probation, and a license suspension (as previously mentioned). Jail time is also a slim possibility.

if you want the likely consequences within YOUR specific jurisdiction consult local legal counsel.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    The consequences will likely include fines of about $363 for the unlicensed driving, informal probation, and a license suspension (as previously mentioned). Jail time is also a slim possibility.

if you want the likely consequences within YOUR specific jurisdiction consult local legal counsel.
    Thank you cdwjava!

The penalties for driving on a suspended/revoked license in the State of California include up to 10 days in county jail for a first count, up to 30 days on a second count as well as substantial fines/costs, depending on which vehicle code that you are charged with. This is a misdemeanor offense. This doesn't include other charges such as no registration or insurance, and all may add points to your license. This information can be found by typing in 'penalties for driving on a suspended/revoked license in the state of California' in a search engine.

As a note, Cantgetitright, my post was based on a presumption of a violation of CVC 12500(a). If for 14601 it really depends on whether your offense is charged as a misdemeanor or an infraction ($635 for infraction and $1,205 to $1,965 for a misdemeanor depending on the reason for suspension). And, yes, jail time could result if charged as a misdemeanor. A further suspension and informal probation are also likely.

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    As a note, Cantgetitright, my post was based on a presumption of a violation of CVC 12500(a). If for 14601 it really depends on whether your offense is charged as a misdemeanor or an infraction ($635 for infraction and $1,205 to $1,965 for a misdemeanor depending on the reason for suspension). And, yes, jail time could result if charged as a misdemeanor. A further suspension and informal probation are also likely.
    LOL Ok, I was basing it on the fact that he had been charged with two violations of the same offense (driving while revoked/suspended) and pulled up the lessor penalties of same. I didn't take into account additional charges of driving without ins or registration, based on the presumption that an atty would prolly plea out to the suspended/revoked charges and get the others dropped (or only points rather than monetary penalty or additional revocation). Depending on the actual violation charged, the jail time can go up to a year and fines up to $2000 (on multiple offense). If the court system out there is anything like the one out here, the fines are a small portion of the monetary, since they add court costs/fees on top, and a $20 speeding ticket can cost you $200 once all those are added (my dd has 'educated me on this one...... thank goodness she has to pay her own tickets!)

The dollar amounts I posted include the fines, fees and assessments imposed upon the violation code section based upon the California bail and fee schedule. Actual amounts might vary slightly by jurisdiction, however.

His best bet will be to consult with a local attorney who can tell him what the common practice is in his locale. Each jurisdiction has difference common practices for such matters. Some might be more harsh than others.

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

12509(c) and 22101(d)
    both infractions

22101(d) should be about $211 and 12509(c) should be about the same.

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

ty very much.
    I will be getting my license on July 2.
    What can/will happen to my license?
    And also, will the judge ask about registration/paperwork? =|-.-
    thanks

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3