Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Caught Twice Without a Driver's Licence

respectable comment. ty
    but we arent talking about that. i know i have done wrong --.-- but what can i say/do to lessen the consequences?
    if you are going to lecture about same thing, please dont reply at all. thank you.

Quote Quoting komar
    View Post
    respectable comment. ty
    but we arent talking about that. i know i have done wrong --.-- but what can i say/do to lessen the consequences?
    if you are going to lecture about same thing, please dont reply at all. thank you.
    There really is nothing you CAN say or do to minimize the consequences. You MIGHT get on the good side of the judge, and he MIGHT decide to make the violation correctable (and eligible for a $2 admin. fee) if you com ein to court with a VALID driver's license. Is there a reason you cannot get a valid license?
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    There really is nothing you CAN say or do to minimize the consequences. You MIGHT get on the good side of the judge, and he MIGHT decide to make the violation correctable (and eligible for a $2 admin. fee) if you com ein to court with a VALID driver's license.
    cdwjava meant to type $25 admin. fee

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    Is there a reason you cannot get a valid license?
    OP only has a permit... And his passenger is a 16 year old friend who was on her period (that to him was the "emergency")... Was cited on day one for driving with his permit/without an adult in the vehicle... Didn't learn his lesson... Got caught driving the NEXT day (with the same passenger) by the same officer for same violation + talking on his cell phone + no registration + no insurance = Judge's sympathy went out the window...

"Got caught driving the NEXT day (with the same passenger) by the same officer for same violation + talking on his cell phone + no registration + no insurance = Judge's sympathy went out the window..."

ok. so maybe there was no body at the house to take me(dad was working/mom/2sister/brother are overseas). so i had to go to school myself to pay the school fine as school was about to end and i would not be able to get my diploma. and since my dad took our only registered car to work, i had to somehow get to school -.- it didn't have registration b/c we just got it and were going to sell it.
    sigh... serious of unfortunate events...
    and ty for the help. lets try to make me feel better, as you can see, i am not in such a light/good situation...

Quote Quoting komar
    View Post
    ok. so maybe there was no body at the house to take me(dad was working/mom/2sister/brother are overseas). so i had to go to school myself to pay the school fine as school was about to end and i would not be able to get my diploma. and since my dad took our only registered car to work, i had to somehow get to school -.- it didn't have registration b/c we just got it and were going to sell it.
    Which is it??? Your friend's so called "emergency" and her wanting to get home (2 days in a row)... Or you having to go to school to pay a fine??? Make up your mind as there are no "do overs" in court.

Quote Quoting komar
    View Post
    and ty for the help. lets try to make me feel better, as you can see, i am not in such a light/good situation...
    If by "making you feel better" you were expecting us to lie to you and tell you that the judge will "pat you on the head and say 'there, there...'"... It ain't gonna happen! Sorry.

"If by "making you feel better" you were expecting us to lie to you and tell you that the judge will "pat you on the head and say 'there, there...'"... It ain't gonna happen! Sorry."
    you see that tone? -.- come now, do you really want me to believe that thats what i want after doing what i have done? and lets not be satirical please. save that bs for writing a nice story.
    anyways. no i dont not want that ...
    i posted in order to look for some help, any kind of help. this is my first time. i have been driving for 2+ years and i have been driving just fine. so its not a matter of me not being able to drive, its a matter of me being able to follow the law. but i have proven that i can drive safe, as i have done so for 2+ years.. but that doesnt matter and we'll discuss that some other time.
    SO there is nothing i can do to lessen my the consequences i guess. ty for you help, if thats the right word.
    as for your earlier question, me having to go to school was FOLLOWED by my friends encounter. i dont see the problem in that... please clarify the problem b/c i dont see any -.- and if you're going to reply with that satirical tone, please don't even bother. ty.

Quote Quoting That Guy
    View Post
    cdwjava meant to type $25 admin. fee
    Yes, yes I did ... Oops!

OP only has a permit... And his passenger is a 16 year old friend who was on her period (that to him was the "emergency")... Was cited on day one for driving with his permit/without an adult in the vehicle... Didn't learn his lesson... Got caught driving the NEXT day (with the same passenger) by the same officer for same violation + talking on his cell phone + no registration + no insurance = Judge's sympathy went out the window...
    Oh, yeah ... a suspension and expensive fines for the OP.

Quote Quoting komar
    View Post
    SO there is nothing i can do to lessen my the consequences i guess.
    Not really, no.

You can hire an attorney who can try to fight the underlying reason for the stop (the cop seeing you on the cell phone) but that is not likely to work as all the officer needs to detain you is to see you apparently talking on the phone while driving.

You can beg for mercy from the court, but I would not expect much from that after the disdain you have shown for the law. If you are lucky, no jail time will ensue. But, expensive fines and associated fees of nearly $363 (for this one unlicensed offense alone) are likely to follow. If you can come in to court with a valid license, you may get lucky ... maybe. If the judge is in a good mood.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting komar
    View Post
    i have been driving for 2+ years and i have been driving just fine. so its not a matter of me not being able to drive, its a matter of me being able to follow the law. but i have proven that i can drive safe, as i have done so for 2+ years.. but that doesnt matter and we'll discuss that some other time.
    Actually, for your benefit, let's discuss it now...

You've been driving without a license for two years??? That's against the law (now do you see what I meant by you're defiant? And you're bragging about it?)

Just as an FYI, insurance companies DO NOT cover unlicensed drivers. And a minor accident can and will end up costing you thousands of dollars. That is assuming no one gets injured or killed as a result. Are you ready to live in debt for the rest of your life???

You seem to think that this is all a game... And from your posts, I sort of get the impression that you think you can do whatever you want and that you will end up finding some sort of loophole that will get you out of trouble. THAT is why you're not getting much help. And even if we were to offer you any help in mitigating the penalties for these violations, it is more than obvious that your mistakes will continue to happen simply because you think you are above the law.

Good luck to you... But from what I've read here, my guess is you're life will be one big cluster****. I seriously feel bad for your parents... Then again, they only have themselves to blame!

WoW...I thought that I would get good sound advice of what the consequences might be on this suposedly "Expert Law" forum. Well thank you for the opinions but I still on a serious level would like to know what the consequences might be when I go to court. Aside from the grade school bantering I would really like some insight. So please if you have no concrete knowledge of what might happen then please argue on someone elses thread. Thank you

So, you posted the same problem, in two different threads hoping for a different answer? Doesn't work that way... same situation, same answer. Stop driving until you are legal. Obviously, consequences really mean very little to you, since you continue to do the same things over and over.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast