Default Probation Reporting Fines and Fees to Credit Reporting Agencies

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California.

What I am concerned about is my probation fee's being reported on my credit report. I have always been under the assumption that only consumer accounts end up on credit reports. Can anyone tell me what law gives them the right to do this? I am in no way a criminal...I was accused and the person that committed the crime came forward but the DA in Sac took the case to trial accusing me of intimidating this person into admitting guilt for the charge. The judge even ruled to throw the case out after all the people's witnesses testified, however, she immediately ruled against herself. I won the case and beat up to a decade in prison but I had to testify in order to do so and ended up being convicted of a misdemeanor on a different charge. I was working a security job and someone picked a fight with me. I have no problem with that but it's quite a bummer being that the whole deal was a self defense case. Anyhow, I was just curious how they have the right to report to the credit bureau regarding probation fee's. Also, can anyone tell me where if the penal code it states I can have the court asses my ability to pay these fee's?

Default Re: Fines and Fees

Are you talking about delinquent payments?

1. Sponsored Links