Angry Suing My Ex-Lover for Setting Me Up

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Massachusetts. Here we go. I was daing this guy. He is an ex ADA in Massachusetts. I met him at the hospital where I was working. He brought in his mother-in-law for a procedure. On the second visit, he asked me out for drinks at one of the visits to the hospital. I accepted. He told me that he was separated from his wife of 30 years but they still live together, and that he would like to date me and "make a home with me". We dated for a while. He showered me with gifts, money, he even paid my rent. He even opened a bank account using my home address, because he did not want his wife to find out. He gave me authorization to open several credit cards. He gave me his DOB, his licence, all personal information to open those accounts. So I did. We used the cards to shop, etc. One day one of the credit company called his office, and his "wife" answered the phone, and my name was given to her. So she found out about that. He told her that he did not know anything about the cards, and he did not know who I was. So his wife found out about me, and pressed charges and I was arrested for "identity theft". I spent 6 months in jail, and he never showed up to testify against me, so the case was dismissed. Now I am out, and I want to sue this guy for putting me through this nightmare, the pain, stress, and the anxiety that I felt while being detained. He knows that I am out. What can I do? I need to also say that I am gay, and this guy has been with his wife for 30 years with children, and he never told me that. His wife does not know about his "other lifestyle". I NEED HELP AND ADVICE.

Thank you.
    Pete in Boston, MA

Default Re: Suing My Ex Lover

How much of this can you PROVE?

(That you had permission, etc)
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

He gave me authorization to open several credit cards. He gave me his DOB, his licence, all personal information to open those accounts.
    and who signed the applications? and with whose name?

We used the cards to shop, etc.
    do you have any receipts with his signature on them? Were you an authorized user? When you used the cards, what name did you sign?

I was an authorized user. When we received the cards, one was in his name the other in my name. I only used the one with my name and signed my name. He once sent me an email asking me if I had "received the cards". I never signed his name when I shopped with my card.

I have copies of emails he sent me asking me if I had received the cards.

Do you still have that e-mail? Or any other e-mails discussing these cards?
    I'm not a lawyer, but I play a researcher on the internet!
    Caution: I bite. WARNING: Do not send questions or complaints by PM. I'm likely to post them publicly and embarrass you half to death.
    I'm training for the MS Society's Bike to the Bay - and blogging about it!

again; who signed the applications? and with whose name?

we filled out the applications online, and yes I have the emails asking about the cards, etc.

Quote Quoting lawstudent9
    View Post
    we filled out the applications online, and yes I have the emails asking about the cards, etc.
    So, you are saying nobody ever signed a contract for the cards use?

1. Sponsored Links