Unhappy How to Get Out of a Speeding Ticket in a Work Zone

My question involves traffic court in the State of: South carolina

I was driving on hwy16 and as I was approaching a work zone the left lane was the only available lane as the right lane was coming to a close. As I was entering the work zone the car in the right lane cut me off and sped up to be able to continue on the road. We were going down a hill at this time, and an officer was parked in an intersection on the right of the road. The officer seemed as though he was going to pull out in front of me so I slowed down to let him in, but he didn't proceed. The officer then pulled out behind me and put his lights on and pulled me over. There were only two lanes working for traffic coming and going(one for each) so it was hard for me to pull over. I had to drive a while before I was able to pull over on the other side of the street into a small space. It was around 12:00 (lunch hr) when I got pulled over so there was a lot of traffic in the area.
    When the officer pulled came to ask me for my drivers license and reg. I gave him my license but I didnt know what my registration looked like because I had never been pulled over before. I asked him if I could hand him different papers and if he would tell me which one it was. So he did. He asked me "why were you in such a hurry that you had to speed in a work zone" I said, " officer, I honestly didnt know I was speeding, I was on my way from picking up my sister from school". then he came back and handed me a $445 ticket.

How can I get out of this ticket or have it reduced? I wasnt in the wrong. The car infront of me was the car that was speeding so I dont think i should be charged for this. What is the best way to present my self in court? HEELPP!!

Default Re: How Do I Get Out of a Speeding Ticket in a Work Zone

You were going what speed, and what was the speed limit? It appears obvious that this was a work zone; were there also signs identifying it as a work zone, and identifying the reduced speed limit that you were to obey?

1. Sponsored Links