Arrow Reporting Conviction on Application After Dismissal and Expungement Help

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: California

I am applying for a job that asks "Have you ever been convicted of a misdemeanor, felony, or military crime?" Yes/No
    I am not sure what to put! I am from California. I first received a wet reckless (misdemeanor) and was put on probation. 3 months later I had what was considered a commercial burglary from a department store (misdemeanor). Obviously you think I would have learned my lesson . Well the burglary was dismissed after a diversion program was completed. The wet reckless was expunged thereafter after the judge had mercy and ended my probation early because I had a job lined up and I also did volunteer and counseling.

So the employer will run a background check as well and I am not sure what to put (yes/no) if I have been convicted of a misdemeanor since I do have that dismissal for theft and expungement for wet reckless.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much! Hope to hear from you Mr.Knowitall

Default Re: Reporting Conviction on Application After Dismissal and Expungement Help

If the theft charge was dismissed, then you were not convicted, so you can answer No, and the expungement for the wet reckless means you can legally answer that you were not convicted for that, either.

You'd do well to check to ensure the record was sealed after the dismissal of the theft charge, though.

1. Sponsored Links