Default Administrative Proceedings for Driver's License After DUI in Another State

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Maryland and Washington State

I was recently charged with DUI in the state of Washington, with a Maryland drivers license. My attorney stated that my chances of getting a plea bargain to a lower charge or similar arrangement for the criminal charges are fairly good, as it was a first time offense and my BAC was very close to the cutoff, however Washington does a separate administrative hearing to determine license status, and that your license can be suspended in Washington even if you are not found guilty of DUI in the criminal trial. He could not give me advice on Maryland law.

If I were not found guilty in criminal trial, but were found guilty in the administrative hearing, can Maryland take action against my drivers license? If so what action?

Default Re: Administrative Proceedings for Driver's License After DUI in Another State

Quote Quoting mdconfused
    View Post
    ... and that your license can be suspended in Washington even if you are not found guilty of DUI in the criminal trial.
    While the end result maybe the same, the details are different...

Washington canNOT suspend your MD license... However, WA can suspend you driving privilege in WA and then follow that up with a report of the suspension to MD which can, in turn, suspend your MD license.

Quote Quoting mdconfused
    View Post
    If I were not found guilty in criminal trial, but were found guilty in the administrative hearing, can Maryland take action against my drivers license? If so what action?
    Same analogy as above.

1. Sponsored Links