Default Right Turn Camera Ticket in an Intersection in California

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

First off, i appreciate any and all help.

I was coming onto an intersection less than a mile from where i live. Ive lived in that area all 19 years of my life. It was about 12:50AM and i was ready to make a right turn. the light was green, then turned yellow, then red. When it turned yellow, i was already about one car length away (I drive an 02 honda accord) from making the turn as the light turned yellow then red.

My car came to a complete stop and my front tires were right on the first white painted line where the pedestrians cross. as i was stopped, i turned my head to my left to get ready to make the turn but at that moment the cameras flashed twice! there werent many cars around, so it had to be me. this barely occurred last night, so no actual ticket has arrived.

there were two cars behind me, and ive never had any problems at that intersection and neither has my dad or anyone else as ive lived a mile from there my entire life. i did not make a "rolling right turn", which i think is why it flashed twice. i came to a complete stop, there were NO pedestrians, and not many cars at all.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Right Turn Camera Ticket in an Intersection in California

First of all, you didn't ask a question, so it's kind of hard to know what information you're looking for. Second, why don't you wait until you actually receive the ticket (if you do), then come back and tell us what the video and photos show. By the way, if your TIRES were "right on the first white painted line", that means that the FRONT END of your car was OVER that line. But, again, it will be easier when you have the ticket, photos, and video in hand.

If you just want to know what to expect, there are PLENTY of photo red light threads you can read through.

Barry

1. Sponsored Links