Default Military Ex-Spouse Rights to Pension

My divorce was granted with out me being aware of the date or time of court hearing, so I could not object to some things prior to the divorce being granted, like property settlement being done first. I have tried to download the form DD2293 from the Internet but I am doing something wrong. If someone can help, I would certainly appreciate it, my divorce was granted approaching a year ago, and if memory serves from what I have read, I only have one year after the divorce till I am screwed over to my ex-spouse rights. Could really use some guidance. Thank you very much. I live in Louisiana.

Default Re: Military Ex-Spouse Rights to Pension

Are you saying that you were never served?

This is important

What is it you're trying to change?
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

I had a lawyer, it got all screwed up and his associate who was no longer with his organization was notified of the pending divorce. I found out thru a third party that I was divorced. I wanted at least the ex-spouse military benefits done prior to the divorce. Now, no lawyer, out of funds, and clerk of courts say that I cannot have access to the proper forms to submit for the ruling to get info about his retirement to get the ruling done. That was most important thing I expressed to both lawyers and still not done.

You can download DD Form 2293 here:

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/i...rms/dd2293.pdf

However, you haven't provided any information as to whether or not you are even eligible for any of your spouse's retired pay. Were you awarded this in your divorce?

http://www.militarydivorceonline.com/usfspa.html

Did not know about the divorce, was not advised of time or date, could not object to the divorce until I had received my ex-spousal rights secured cause was unaware of fact! I am under 20/20/20 plan, I am my own sponsor, married for 20, do have ID card. He was notified he had qualified to receive his pension in 04 or 06 already had his twenty in. He is still active AGR with Nat'l Guard, won't be eligible to start drawing till age of 60. I already have got dd2293 from another site, just need the court ruling, were married during 20 years of his military service.

When you spoke with your lawyer about this, what did your lawyer tell you?

I think I am at the right place to reply, not sure. First lawyer, said not to worry he would take care of everything, he is the one that never even let me know about divorce hearing, date, etc. Had to find out third hand that I was indeed divorced. Second lawyer, stressed to her that was number one on my priorities, she said that was what she was there for. She had told me that she had obtained a court order for him to supply all info on his retirement info, I kept asking her why we didn't have it yet. I was calling Jackson barricks to find out the name of person that it had to be submitted to after the court order. Advised her of that, then got the bill for extra 2502.00 from her. I check at the clerk of courts office and they said they did not show any request for any such order. I am at my wits end. Ex is trying to get out of paying me anything in spousal support now, had me examined by a "expert evalulator". I have a court date set on July 15th to deal with that and no representation. Does that answer your question? Thank you for your response to my issues.

If your lawyer is taking care of things, then your lawyer is the best person to answer your questions. Nobody here has more information about your case than your lawyer.

If you don't trust your lawyer, consider switching to a different firm.

Thank you for your advise, no money to continue with lawyer out over $8000.00 already and am on disalility.

1. Sponsored Links