Default When is Property Stipulated in Divorce Considered Abandoned Property

My question involves personal property located in the State of: Massachusetts. Divorced 2 years. Agreement stated that ex would get a few items. Made reasonable attempts (emailed trying to set up time to deliver items) but he refused and would not provide optional dates. Then 1yr 8months later he emails saying he wants his bike. When is the property considered to be abandoned? I am not a storage facility and feel I have made reasonable attempts to get him the few items. Legally do I now have to give him the items or has he lost the ability to get them since so much time has passed without making attempts to get them. In the 1 year 8 months there has been other email communication from him but nothing relating to the items.

Default Re: When is Property Stipulated in Divorce Considered Abandoned Property

You still have the items and he still wants them, so what's the real issue here? If you want him to take his stuff, let him take his stuff.

1. Sponsored Links