Post Will Pending Felony Show Up on a Pre-Employment Background Check

My question involves a background check in the State of: Alabama

I was arrested 3 monthes ago for a class C felony in Jefferson County, Alabama. I was bonded out and have been to court, I am waiting to here back if it is going to curcuit court or not. I have not been convicted, but I am worried it will show up on my background check. Will it?

Default Re: Will Pending Felony Show Up on a Pre-Employment Background Check

It certainly could. It depends on how thorough of a background check is done by the employer & the type. All background checks are not the same ("created equal")

Default Re: Will Pending Felony Show Up on a Pre-Employment Background Check

Under the FCRA, backround check companies cannot release information on pending charges. There is only 2 ways pending charges can prevent you from getting a job.

1. The job your applying for is a government law enforcement position. The government can see everything, sealed, expunged, removed, dropped, etc...

2. Your propective employer does a local public records check. All arrests and charges are matters of public record and can be researched through the public record system.

Most employers do not look into public records but moreso use backround check companies, so you should be in the clearn

1. Sponsored Links