In August 1986, I was a part of a military police investigation that occurred at Fort Lee, VA. I would like to find out what happened with the case and wanted to locate the investigation records. Since the case is so old, should I contact the Ft Lee MP office directly, or are the records stored in a central location like the military personnel records?

I am sure that the military gets requests for military police investigative records all the time. Where do I begin?