Default Can My Parents Keep My Baby and Me Away from the Baby's Father

My question involves paternity law for the State of: Pennsylvania

I'm 17 years old and I just recently gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. During my pregnancy, my parents would not let the baby's father be near me because they believe he ruined my life. I know that they could legally do that since I'm still a minor and will not turn 18 until next month. So far, my daughter has only seen her father twice. Once was when he was present in the delivery room and the second time was when we had to go back to the hospital to sign a paternity form since he couldn't be at the hospital with me the rest of the time I was there because of a family emergency.

I'm aware that my parents still have a say in what I do but can they legally keep my daughter's father away from her? Somebody told me that there is a way around the Acknowledgment of Paternity form and that they could change the baby's last name from his to mine on her birth certificate.

Default Re: Can My Parents Keep My Baby and I Away from the Baby's Father

Until you are 18, what your parents say goes. You do not see anyone that they do not give you permission to see.

Once paternity is LEGALLY established, the baby's father will have a right to see HER, but not you are long as you are even one minute under the age of 18.

Lightbulb Re: Can My Parents Keep My Baby and Me Away from the Baby's Father

Forgot to ask - how old is the baby's father??
    Assuming he is also 17, he should file for custody/visitation to ensure he gets to bond with the child asap!

1. Sponsored Links